- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mr. Subhajit Ghosh is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon who treats Hip and Knee problems.
He received his higher orthopaedic training as part of the North-West Thames Orthopaedic Training Programme. After completing his speciality training, he undertook three highly regarded fellowships to further refine his skills:
• Soft Tissue Knee Fellowship at the Guys Hospital
• Arthroplasty and Sarcoma Fellowship at RNOH, Stanmore
• Hip & Knee Arthroplasty Fellowship at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford.
His NHS practice is based at the West Herts Hospitals NHS Trust, based at the St. Albans City Hospital and Watford General Hospital.
Mr Ghosh approaches his patients as unique individuals in order to assess their problems and suggest an individual tailor-made plan to suit their needs. A big part of this is to listen to the patients and explain clearly in a way that the patients and their families understand- so the decision-making process is a collaborative one with the patient’s need at its centre.
Mr Ghosh has a keen interest in making the postoperative recovery as pain free as possible. His aim is to enable patients to return to their normal lives as soon as possible. He has been involved in designing and implementing these methods at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford as well as at the West Herts Hospital NHS Trust.
Areas of interest
Hip pain; Knee pain; Arthritis; Cartilage problem;Hip Replacement; Knee Replacement; Partial Knee Replacement; Ligament Repair; ACL; Sports Injury; Meniscus tear; Redo surgery; Revision joint replacement;Painful joint replacement; Key hole surgery;Arthroscopy;Knee 'giving away';Hip fracture
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Trauma &Orthopaedics
West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust
Watford General Hospital
St. Albans City Hospital
Knee ligament injuries and management
Joint Preserving operations
Partial Knee Replacements
Enhanced recovery after surgery
Chapter in Textbook:
1. “Turned down flaps in repair of Achilles tendon rupture” in The Achilles Tendon Ed. N. Maffulli & L Almekinders. ISBN-13 978-1-84628-628-5
1. Ghosh S, Singh V, Jeyaseelan L, Sinisi M, Fox M. Isolated Latissimus Dorsi Transfer to Restore Shoulder External Rotation in Adults with Brachial Plexus Injury. Bone Joint J.2013;95-B:660-3
2. Jeyaseelan S, Ghosh S, Singh V, Sinisi M, Fox M. Iatropathic Brachial Plexus Injury - A
Complication of Delayed Fixation of Clavicle Fracture. Bone Joint J.2013;95-B:106-10
3. A.Davis, Ghosh S, N. Padhiar, Maffulli N. The Comparison of Plantar Pressure for Two Pedal Types in the Shoes of Cyclists: A pilot Study. Muscles, Ligaments and Tendons Journal;2011;1(1):20
4. Tsintzas D, Ghosh S, Maffulli N, King JB, Padhiar N. The effect of ankle position on
intracompartmental pressures of the leg Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc 2009;43(1):42-48
5. Ghosh S, Fryer AA, Hoban P, Wynn-Jones C, Maffulli N. Fibrillin 1 gene with R2726W mutation is absent in patients with primary protrusio acetabuli and developmental dysplasia of the hip. Med Sci Monit. 2009; 15(5):CR199-202.
6. Ramjug S, Ghosh S, Walley G, Maffulli N. Isolated Anterior Cruciate Ligament Deficiency, Knee
Scores and Function Acta Orthop Belg. 2008t;74(5):643-51
7. McGregor C, Ghosh S, Young D, Maffulli N. Traumatic and Overuse Injuries of the Ischial Origin of the Hamstrings. Disabil Rehabil. 2008; 30(20-22):1597-601.
8. Joshy S, Ghosh S, Lee K, Deshmukh SC. Accuracy of direct magnetic resonance arthrography in the diagnosis of triangular fibrocartilage complex tears of the wrist. Int Orthop. 2008; 32(2): 251–253
9. Shanmugam C, Ghosh S, Rahmatalla A, Maffulli N. Strain in Distal Tibial Osteotomy Stabilized With Metaphyseal and Distal Tibial Locking Compression Plates. Techniques in Orthopaedics. 2007;22(3):145
10. Worth N, Ghosh S, Maffulli N. The management of acute ruptures of the Achilles tendon in the UK. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery. 2007;15(3):311-43.
11. Charity R, Haidar S, Ghosh S, Gahir D, Lin K. Fixation failure of the clavicular hook plate. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery. 2006;14(3):333-335
12. Ghosh S, Charity R, Haidar S, Singh BK. Pyrexia following total knee replacement. The Knee 2006;13(4):324
Courses offered to GPs
Regular CPD Accredited Programmes for GP and Therapists through Spire Hospitals
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.https://www.nhs.uk/profiles/consultant/6047815
- M.B.A Keele University 2017
- F.R.C.S Tr&Orth Intercollegiate Board 2012
- M.R.C.S Edin Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh 2005
- D.Orth University of Calcutta 2003
- M.B.B.S University of Calcutta 2000
- Hip & Knee Fellowship Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford 2015
- Sarcoma & Arthroplasty Fellowship Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore 2015
- Knee Fellowship Guy's Hospital 2014
Reference number 6047815
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCT in Trauma & Orthopaedics, 2015
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Association
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Spire Harpenden Hospital:01582763191
Spire Bushey Hospital: 02089509090
Watford General Hospital:01923217154