- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Video consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Video and telephone consultations
I have been counselling since 2006 and specialising in CBT since 2010. I am particularly interested in working with clients who would like to take a Mindfulness (MBCT) and Acceptance (ACT) based approach to managing their difficulties. I have my own Mindfulness practice and have been teaching MBCT since 2013.
I currently work in Private Practice in addition to delivering MBCT within an NHS IAPT service.
I am a fully accredited member of the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies www.babcp.com
and listed with the UK Network of Mindfulness Based Teachers www.ukmindfulnessnetwork.co.uk now called BAMBA bamba.org.uk
I am committed to ongoing CPD and attend monthly CBT and MBCT supervision.
Areas of interest
I am happy to work with a variety of presenting problems but in particular I specialise in helping people step back from their mind that overthinks or ruminates and cultivate an awareness that enables them to turn towards experiential avoidance supporting an acceptance based approach to life’s challenges and difficulties.
I work with people from all walks of life. Do feel free to call or email if you would like to talk briefly with me before choosing your therapist and their CBT approach.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Gynaecological disorders
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
- Rheumatological conditions
Current NHS consultant posts held
MBCT Co-ordinator and Clinician
Berkshire HealthCare Foundation Trust
- MSc in Cognitive Behavioour Therapy Buckinghamshire New University 2011
- BSc (Hons) Psychology Open University 2002
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy TTR2 Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice 2018
Details of entry to specialist register
- BABCP, 2013