- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Dr Hogg graduated from Newcastle University in 2006 before undertaking further training in a range of acute medical specialties around Manchester. He then completed Sport and Exercise Medicine higher specialist training at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust from 2012. Throughout this period he gained invaluable experience in the management of musculoskeletal and physical activity related injuries.
His main role currently involves working at the English Institute of Sport treating injuries and illnesses in elite athletes from a wide range of Olympic and Paralympic sports, including being the team doctor to the GB Boxing squad. He is also currently the Chief Medical Officer to British Universities & Colleges Sport and the School Games.
He believes the principles of treatment he applies on a daily basis to international and professional athletes, are just as pertinent to all members of the public and aims to employ this holistic approach to care with all of his patients.
Areas of interest
Sport and exercise medicine; Musculoskeletal injury Diagnosis, Management and Rehabilitation; Sports injuries; Concussion; Youth sport; Physical activity
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne 2006
- MRCP (Member of the Royal College of Physicians) Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh 2011
- DipSEM (Diploma in Sport and Exercise Medicine) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2014
- MRCEM (Member of the Royal College of Emergency Medicine) Royal College of Emergency Medicine 2017
- FFSEM (Fellow of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine) Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine 2017
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Guided Injection Imperial College London 2017
- Focused Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Bournemouth University 2015
- Immediate Care in Sport RFU (Rugby Football Union) 2017
- Physical Activity Clinical Champion Public Health England 2016
- Anti-Doping Educator UKAD (UK Anti-Doping) 2015
- Para-badminton National Level Classifier BWF (Badminton World Federation) 2015
- Diving Medicine Physician DDRC (Diving Diseases Research Centre) 2014
- Motivational Interviewing Sheffield Hallam University 2013
- Sports Taping ACPSM (Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Sports Medicine) 2011
Reference number 6134910
Details of entry to specialist register
- Sport & Exercise Medicine, 2017
Affiliations / memberships
British Medical Association
British Association of Sport and Exercise Medicine
Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.