- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Ramsay West Valley Hospital, Ramsay Ashtead Hospital, Shirley Oaks Hospital, Spire St Anthony's Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
- Oculoplastic surgery
- Refractive surgery
- Surgical lacrimal
Mr Wagh is a Consultant Ophthalmologist and Lead clinician for Eye Emergency services at the prestigious central London hospital, Guys and St Thomas' Hospital NHS trust. He is a UK trained eye surgeon (ophthalmologist) working within London/Surrey/Croydon.
During his medical education, he was selected for the many prestigious awards and a 3 year MD program. His research involved pioneering research into Long term outcome in Laser eye surgery and Corneal Crosslinking, . During this time he developed his passion and skills for microsurgery.
Mr Wagh trained in Ophthalmology in the London, including Moorfields Eye Hospital before undertaking a fellowship in St Thomas' Hospital. During this period, he is actively involved in teaching medical students.
He has particular expertise is modern phako-emulsification cataract surgery includes implantation of toric and Multifocal lens implants to improve astigmatism and near vision.
His special interests include Oculoplastic surgery of the eyelids and surrounding structures including surgery of the tear drainage system. He also has experience in managing blepharitis and dry eyes with the most up to date treatments available.
Ms Wagh has several publications in international journals and has delivered several lectures both nationally and internationally in his chosen field.
Mr. Wagh is passionate about both teaching and modern technology, incorporating his videos of operations and special imagery into his tutorials.
Mr Wagh is a family man with 2 young boys that take up most of his free time. He does however find time to enjoy Swimming and play Badminton and Cricket.
Areas of interest
• Cataract Surgery: Micro incision cataract surgery in complex cases, Phacoemulsification, Laser Cataract Surgery; Complex Cataract Surgery, Toric and Multifocal lens implants to correct astigmatism and near vision. YAG LASER Capsulotomy for after cataract.
• Oculoplastic and Aesthetic Surgery, eyelid surgery, Lacrimal (tear duct) surgery for watery eyes, Minor plastic surgery procedures such as the removal of moles & skin tags and eyelid lesions, Eye socket surgery.
• External Eye disease: Dry eye and Sjogren’s syndrome, Skin-related ocular surface problems: ocular rosacea, Allergic eye disease, Pterygium.
- BMI Shirley Oaks Hospital
- Poppy Lane Shirley Oaks Village Croydon CR9 8AB
- 020 3985 0999
- Ramsay Ashtead Hospital
- Ashtead Hospital The Warren Ashtead KT21 2SB
- 020 3985 0999
- Spire St Anthony's Hospital
- ST. Anthonys Hospital 801 London Road Cheam Sutton SM3 9DW
- 020 3985 0999
- St Thomas' Private Healthcare
- Westminster Bridge Road Lambeth SE1 7EH
- 020 3985 0999
- 07421 142270
- West Valley Hospital
- West Valley Hospital Level 9, Interchange 81-85 Station Road Croydon CR0 2RD
- 020 3126 4620
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Gautham Srinivasan Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmologist with special interest Cataract, Oculoplastics and External Eye Disease
Lead clinician for Eye Emergency services
St Thomas' Hospital, Westminster Bridge Road LONDON SE1 7EH
Cataract, Oculoplastics and External Eye Disease
Swimming, Badminton and Cricket
1. Best paper presentation in ESCRS, Lisbon, 2017.
2. First prize in Ophthalmic Quiz in D Ophthalmic Society Annual Conference.
3. Second prize in Ophthalmic Quiz, AI Ophthalmic Conference.
4. First prize in Ophthalmic Quiz, XV Annual Oculoplastics conference.
Courses offered to GPs
1. GP Ophthalmic Study day at St Thomas' Hospital, London
2. GP CME event at Croydon Day Hospital, Croydon.
3. GP CME event at Spire St Anthony Hospital, Sutton.
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.https://www.iwantgreatcare.org/doctors/mr-v-k-wagh
- FRCS (Ophthalmology) Royal college of Physicians and Surgeons, L 2005
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologist, London 2014
- MD AIIMS 2003
- CertLASER Royal College of Ophthalmologist, London 2019
- Diploma in Refractive, Corneal and Cataract Surgery. Miguel Hernández University, Spain 2019
Reference number 6093948
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Training (standing committee) Royal College of Ophthalmologist, London, UK 2017
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Register (Ophthalmology), 2014
Affiliations / memberships
1. Royal College of Ophthalmologist, London, UK (No. 5794)
2. Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, UK
3. Moorfields Alumni Association, London, UK
4. National Academy of Medical Sciences.
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details