- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Gastrointestinal/hepatobiliary radiology
- General cross sectional
- General ultrasound
- Interventional radiology
- Non-vascular interventional radiology
I am a highly experienced diagnostic and interventional radiologist and have been in practice for over 25 years.
Although I provide a wide variety of diagnostic and interventional radiological services, my specialist focus is in the field of vascular disease.
I have written over 150 scientific papers, edited 4 textbooks and have delivered over 300 invited lectures.
I was the recent President of the Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology Society of Europe.
Areas of interest
• Interventional radiology • Vascular imaging • CT angiography • MR angiography • Venography
Peripheral vascular angioplasty and stenting • Aortic interventions • Embolization of aneurysms; Embolisation of endoleaks;
Renal artery angioplasty and stenting;
Embolisation of pelvic congestion syndrome;
Venous angioplasty and stenting;
Percutaneous nephrostomy and stenting; Biliary drainage and stenting
I have published over 100 peer-reviewed articles.
- MB ChB Bristol University 1983
- MRCP (UK) Royal College of Physicians 1987
- FRCR Royal College of Radiologists 1991
- European Board of Interventional Radiology CIRSE 2010
- Fellowship in Interventional Radiology University of Texas 1993
Reference number 2805874
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Scientific Program Chairman Cardiovascular and Interventional Society of Europe 2012
- Treasurer Cardiovascular and Interventional Society of Europe 2013
- Vice President Cardiovascular and Interventional Society of Europe 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- Interventional Radiology, 1997
Affiliations / memberships
Editor for the Journal Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology.
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details