- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Video and telephone consultations
Miss Anca Marinescu qualified as a doctor in Bucharest, Romania and as a specialist in ophthamology in 1997 at the Ophthamiatrio Hospital in Athens, Greece. She then completed sub-speciality training in medical retina, A&E, cataract and primary care at Moorfields Eye Hospital, London. She has 18 years experience in a a major NHS London eye hospital.
Miss Marinescu specialises in comprehensive ophthalmology ranging from blepharitis to complex eye conditions including neurological disorders.
Many patients are referred when their condition is unclear and Miss Marinescu has extensive experience of diagnosing and managing a wide range of eye conditions with the latest treatments.
Miss Marinescu has expertise in identifying patients at risk of diabetic retinopathy and caring for patients with hypertension, thyroid eye disease and glaucoma.
Wherever possible Miss Marinescu tries to offer a one-stop clinic with holistic eye care.
Areas of interest
Comprehensive ophthalmology including corneal, conjunctiva, blepharitis, dry eyes, eyelids, cataract, floaters, retinal conditions, glaucoma, inflammatory and neurological conditions including headaches and stress.
Visual field defects; diabetic and hypertensive retinopathy; thyroid and other endocrinological conditions.
Skype consultations by arrangement and when appropriate
- Caterina Hall
- 106 Southborough Road Bromley BR1 2ER
- 07788 714358
- 07788 714358
- CCST in Ophthalmology, Greece Ophthalmiatrio Hospital, Athens 1997
- Primary Medical Degree Carol Davila University of Medicine Bucharest 1987
- Fellow in Medical Retina Moorfields Eye Hospital 2002
- Fellow in A&E, Cataract and Primary Care Moorfields Eye Hospital 2004
- Fellow in Primary Care Moorfields Eye Hospital 2006
Reference number 5197122
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Founder/ex-President Romanian Medical Society in the UK 2007
Details of entry to specialist register
- Ophthalmology, 2007
Affiliations / memberships
International Member - American Academy of Ophthalmology
Affiliate Member - Royal College of Ophthalmology
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
0800 880 3300