- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Video and telephone consultations
I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist with experience in working with people presenting with a wide range of psychological difficulties.
My background is diverse as I have worked in a Community Mental Health Team, a Specialist Psychotherapy Department, a Community Health Psychology Service, a Psychiatric and General Hospital, and a University Counselling Centre. I have also worked as a University Lecturer for the University of East London and Visiting Lecturer for the City University of London.
I have experience in working with different therapeutic models (integrative, CBT, ACT, person-centred, psychodynamic and systemic) and I have developed an eclectic approach, which is tailored to each individual’s unique self and needs. I have also been trained in EMDR, which is a specialised therapy for people who have had traumatic experiences and have developed distress in the form of PTSD, phobias, anxiety, depression and other difficulties.
Areas of interest
depression; anxiety; stress; low self-esteem;panic attacks; phobias; obsessive-compulsive disorder; trauma; relationship difficulties; sexuality concerns; grief and loss
As well as English, I can also provide therapy in Greek.
Kouriatis, K., & Brown, D. (2011). Therapists’ bereavement and loss experiences. Journal of Loss and Trauma, 16, 205-228.
Kouriatis, K., & Brown, D. (2013-2014). Therapists’ experience of loss: An interpretative phenomenological analysis. Omega: Journal of Death and Dying, 68 (2), 89-109.
- Practitioner Doctorate (PsychD) Psychotherapeutic and Counselling Psychology University of Surrey 2011
- B.Sc. Psychology (first-class honours/Valedictorian) Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece 2007
- Certificate of completion of the full four-part EMDR Europe Accredited training programme in the theory and practice of EMDR EMDR WORKS/EMDR EUROPE 2016
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Lecturer University of East London 2017
- Lecturer University of East London 2016
- CMHT Highly Specialist Counselling Psychologist SEPT and East London NHS Foundation Trust 2015
Affiliations / memberships
I am registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a practitioner psychologist and the British Psychological Society (BPS) and the Division of Counselling Psychology as a chartered psychologist. I am also registered with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP).
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Tel: 07568 363738