- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Video and telephone consultations
I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist with experience in working with people presenting with a wide range of psychological difficulties.
My background is diverse as I have worked in a Community Mental Health Team, a Specialist Psychotherapy Department, a Community Health Psychology Service, a Psychiatric and General Hospital, and a University Counselling Centre. I have also worked as a University Lecturer for the University of East London and Visiting Lecturer for the City University of London.
I have experience in working with different therapeutic models (integrative, CBT, ACT, person-centred, psychodynamic and systemic) and I have developed an eclectic approach, which is tailored to each individual’s unique self and needs. I have also been trained in EMDR, which is a specialised therapy for people who have had traumatic experiences and have developed distress in the form of PTSD, phobias, anxiety, depression and other difficulties.
Areas of interest
depression; anxiety; stress; low self-esteem;panic attacks; phobias; obsessive-compulsive disorder; trauma; relationship difficulties; sexuality concerns; grief and loss
As well as English, I can also provide therapy in Greek.
Kouriatis, K., & Brown, D. (2011). Therapists’ bereavement and loss experiences. Journal of Loss and Trauma, 16, 205-228.
Kouriatis, K., & Brown, D. (2013-2014). Therapists’ experience of loss: An interpretative phenomenological analysis. Omega: Journal of Death and Dying, 68 (2), 89-109.
- Practitioner Doctorate (PsychD) Psychotherapeutic and Counselling Psychology University of Surrey 2011
- B.Sc. Psychology (first-class honours/Valedictorian) Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece 2007
- Certificate of completion of the full four-part EMDR Europe Accredited training programme in the theory and practice of EMDR EMDR WORKS/EMDR EUROPE 2016
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Lecturer University of East London 2017
- Lecturer University of East London 2016
- CMHT Highly Specialist Counselling Psychologist SEPT and East London NHS Foundation Trust 2015
Affiliations / memberships
I am registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a practitioner psychologist and the British Psychological Society (BPS) and the Division of Counselling Psychology as a chartered psychologist. I am also registered with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP).