- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Lower GI surgery
Areas of interest
Bleeding per rectum; abdominal pain; mucous discharge; faecal urgency; piles; haemorrhoids; fissure; pilonidal sinus; endoscopy; gastroscopy; colonoscopy; colon; bowel; diarrhoea; loose stools; gall bladder; hernia; key hole operation; pruritus; prolapse rectum; flexible sigmoidoscopy; cancer bowel; fat lump; lipoma; sabaceous cyst; benign skin lesion excision
- Jenny Laws
- Nuffield Health Tees Hospital Junction Road Stockton-On-Tees TS20 1PX
- 01642 367439
- 07727 67401
- Maggie Donohue
- BM Woodlands Hospital Morton Park Way Darlington DL1 4PL
- 01325 241713
- 07789 955506
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Avinash Ratnaparkhi Fee Assured
- Dr Ian Riddle Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Laparoscopic General and Colorectal Surgeon
University Hospital of North Tees
Regular gym activity
Clinical Excellence Awards from the NHS trust for new innovative and good NHS related service.
Honorary Lecturer, Teesside University
Published more than 25 peer reviewed articles in various international journals
Presented more than 25 abstracts in various national and international conferences - Both poster and oral presentations
Published a systematic review on haemorrhoidal treatment in Cocharane review
Performed a randomised controlled trial on haemorrhoidal treatment to compare two modes of common treatment and published in peer reviewed journals on clinical and economical outcomes.
Courses offered to GPs
Presented topics to GPs on colorectal symptoms and pelvic floor disorder management - Both at the GP surgery and at BMA meeting.
Happy to deliver lectures on general and colorectal surgery.
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.https://www.acpgbi.org.uk/surgeon-outcomes/
Only one high risk patient death for my elective bowel cancer resection in the last 7 years.
Changed my practice on antibiotics and following that my wound infection rate dropped significantly.
Non-significant readmission rate.
- MBBS Bharathidasan University, India 1989
- MS General Surgery Madras Medical College, Chennai, India 1998
- DNB General Surgery National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, India 2001
- FRCS Glasgow Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Glasgow 2001
- MD Aberdeen University 2009
- FRCS (General Surgery) Intercollegiate examination Board 2009
- Laparoscopic Colorectal Fellowship Tayside University, Dundee 2010
Reference number 6026169
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Foundation Tutor County Durham and Darlington Foundation NHS Trust 2014
- Honorary Lecturer Teesside University 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC Specialist register, 2011
Affiliations / memberships
Associate membership - Association of Coloproctology, Great Britain and Ireland
Member - Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of GB and Ireland
Member - European Association of Coloproctology
General Medical Council - Registered with licence to practice
- Junction RoadNortonSTOCKTON-ON-TEESTS20 1PX
- 10:00 - 12:30
- 01642 918360
- Morton ParkDARLINGTONDL1 4PL
- 08:30 - 10:30
- 01325 241713
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details