- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
I am an accredited member of British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapists (BACP). I currently work part time as a Psychotherapist within the NHS. I also have a private practice where I work from my base in Westby, Blackpool (FY4)
I work with a wide range of issues to help individuals identify and access their own inner resources to help them work through difficulties in their life.
My experience includes working with a range of presenting problems including:
loss, grief, anxiety, depression, relationship issues, childhood and attachment issues, low self esteem and confidence, long term health conditions, addiction and dependency, stress, abuse and trauma. Within my practice I integrate a range of interventions to help people to better understand themselves, develop healthy coping strategies and build internal resilience. I also work for several EAPs (Employment Assistance Programmes).
As a Psychotherapist I offer warmth, empathy and genuineness to support building a solid and trusting therapeutic relationship. Since everybody is different and unique, each one of us has our own solutions and resources within ourselves. By exploring your own experiences with you in a Person-Centred way I have undertaken a diverse range of CPD training to help you identify better ways of relating in relationships with others, and work towards understanding yourself better so that you can make the choices to live the life you want to lead. Please feel free to contact me for further information.
Areas of interest
I deliver Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) to clinical groups in the NHS and privately to organisations.
I am also a qualified EMDR therapist and work with clients presenting with trauma related symptoms and PTSD.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Long term health conditions
- Workplace Counselling
Video and telephone consultations
- Offers video and telephone consultations
Current NHS consultant posts held
NHS IAPT Service, Blackpool
Long term Health conditions
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy UCLAN 2014
- Diploma in Counselling Warrington Collegiate 2011
- Psycholgy BSc Hons (2:1) University of Bolton 2010
- Cert. Ed. (Certificate in Education) UCLAN 2007
- BACP Endorsed Training and Supervision of Counsellors and Psychotherapists University of Strathclyde 2013
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) University of Bolton 2016
- BACP Endorsed Certified Cyber Facilitator (to work online/via the telephone) Online Therapy Institute 2014
- Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Lancashire Adult College 2012
- Certificate in Person Centred Expressive Therapy Dinah Brown, Kenda 2015
- Eye Movement Desentisation and Reprocessing EMDR Masterclass, Manchester 2018
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) Facilitator Lancashire CIC 2017
- Counselling for Depression UCLAN 2018