- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Video & Telephone remote therapy sessions
I currently work part-time as a Psychotherapist within NHS. I also work freelance for several Employment Support Programmes (EAPs) including BUPA.
As a therapist my work involves a thorough assessment of individuals with respect to all aspects of their physical, emotional, psychological and social wellbeing. I work within the Biopsychosocial Model of health and illness which asserts that behaviors, thoughts and feelings influence a physical state. With respect to this, in all my roles I take into account, via the assessment and treatment process, the psychological and social factors that impact on biological functioning and that also play a role in health and illness. I also take account of childhood development and reflect on Attachment theories to identify patterns of relating which may be rooted in childhood experiences. Ultimately, my role is to help individuals to develop and expand understanding and awareness to their own experiences and patterns of relating so that they can make positive changes in their lives.
I general work within a brief intervention framework to help clients find their own solutions to their problems and share interventions to help with symptoms of Psychological distress such as anxiety, stress and low mood. I also deliver Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) to groups in the NHS, which is a NICE guideline evidence based intervention for Recurring Clinical Depression.
Within my practice I work within clear boundaries within the BACP Ethical Framework, for which I am an Accredited member, and within relevant confidentiality guidelines and within current legislation for Data Protection and Clinical Governance.
Areas of interest
Through my work experience within the NHS and via EAP services, I have a diverse range of experience working with clients present a range of issues including: loss and grief, anxiety, depression, relationship issues, long term health conditions, addiction and dependency, stress, abuse and trauma and esteem and confidence issues.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Long term health conditions
Current NHS consultant posts held
Counsellor, NHS IAPT Service, Blackpool
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy UCLAN 2014
- Diploma in Counselling Warrington Collegiate 2011
- Psycholgy BSc Hons (2:1) University of Bolton 2010
- Certificate in Education UCLAN 2007
- BACP Endorsed Training and Supervision of Counsellors and Psychotherapists University of Strathclyde 2013
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). (Level 7 - 30 credits) University of Bolton 2017
- BACP Endorsed Certified Cyber Facilitator (to work online/via the telephone) Online Therapy Institute 2014
- Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Lancashire Adult College 2013
- Certificate in Person Centred Expressive Therapy Dinah Brown, Kenda 2016