- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Video & Telephone remote therapy sessions
I am an accredited member of BACP. I currently work part time as a Psychotherapist within NHS IAPT Service. I also have a private practice where I work from with bases in Blackpool Lytham St Annes (FY8) and Blackpool (FY3).
I work with a wide range of issues to help individuals to identify and access their own inner resources to help them work through difficulties in their life. My experience includes working with a range of presenting problems including: loss, addiction, childhood issues, anxiety, depression, low self esteem and confidence, difficulties at work. Within my practice I integrate a range of interventions to help people to better understand themselves, develop healthy coping strategies and build internal resilience. I also work for several EAPs (Employment Assistance Programmes).
As a Psychotherapist I offer warmth, empathy and genuineness to support building a solid and trusting therapeutic relationship. Since everybody is different and unique, each one of us has our own solutions and resources within ourselves. By exploring your own experiences with you in a Person-Centred way I have undertaken a diverse range of CPD training to help you identify better ways of relating in relationships with others, and work towards understanding yourself better so that you can make the choices to live the life you want to lead. Please feel free to contact me for further information.
Areas of interest
Through my work experience within the NHS and via EAP services, I have a diverse range of experience working with clients present a range of issues including: loss and grief, anxiety, depression, relationship issues, long term health conditions, addiction and dependency, stress, abuse and trauma and esteem and confidence issues.
I deliver Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) to clinical groups in the NHS and privately to organisations
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Long term health conditions
Current NHS consultant posts held
Counsellor, NHS IAPT Service, Blackpool
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy UCLAN 2014
- Diploma in Counselling Warrington Collegiate 2011
- Psycholgy BSc Hons (2:1) University of Bolton 2010
- Certificate in Education UCLAN 2007
- BACP Endorsed Training and Supervision of Counsellors and Psychotherapists University of Strathclyde 2013
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). (Level 7 - 30 credits) University of Bolton 2017
- BACP Endorsed Certified Cyber Facilitator (to work online/via the telephone) Online Therapy Institute 2014
- Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Lancashire Adult College 2013
- Certificate in Person Centred Expressive Therapy Dinah Brown, Kenda 2016
- Eye Movement Desentisation and Reprocessing EMDR Masterclass, Manchester 2018