- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Electrophysiology complex cardiac ablation
- Electrophysiology simple cardiac ablation
I have been a Consultant Cardiologist in the NHS and in private practice for 24 years. I am a General Cardiologist with sub specialist interest in arrhythmias and ablation.
In addition I care for patients with coronary artery disease, heart failure, cardiomyopathies hypertension and atrial fibrillation.
Areas of interest
Coronary Artery Disease; Angina; Myocardial Infarction;
Heart Failure; Cardiomyopathies;
Adult Sudden Death Syndromes
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Cardiologist, Antrim Hospital, Northern Health & Social Care Trust
Honorary Consultant Cardiologist, Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast Health & Social Care Trust
I have been the principal author or co-authored 40 original papers in the areas of arrhythmia management, coronary artery disease and hypertension.
Hypertension; American Journal of Clinical Nutrition; The Lancet; The Ulster Medical Journal; Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology; Heart; European Heart Journal; Journal of the Royal College of Physicians (Edinburgh); Journal of the American College of Cardiology; International Journal of Cardiology; Circulation; Americal Heart Journal; Archives of Internal Medicine.
- MB, BCh, BAO Queens University, Belfast 1983
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians (Edinburgh) 1986
- MD Queens University, Belfast 1989
- FRCP RCP (Edinburgh) 1996
- FRCP RCP (London) 1997
- BSc (Hons), Physiology Queen's University, Belfast 1980
- Fellow in Clinical Electrophysiology and Research Fellow Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA 1991
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Cardiology SAC RCP London 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Full Registration, 1984
- Specialist Register (Cardiology and General Internal Medicine), 1996
Affiliations / memberships
Member: British Cardiac Society; Irish Cardiac Society; Ulster Medical Society; British Society of Echocardiography; Heart Rhythm (UK).
- Antrim Hospital, BT41 2RL
- 13:00 - 18:30
- 07565 894510
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details