- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Video and telephone consultations
I have been a Consultant Cardiologist in the NHS and in private practice for 28 years. I am a General Cardiologist with sub specialist interest in arrhythmias and ablation.
In addition I care for patients with coronary artery disease, heart failure, cardiomyopathies hypertension and atrial fibrillation.
Areas of interest
Coronary Artery Disease; Angina; Myocardial Infarction;
Heart Failure; Cardiomyopathies;
Adult Sudden Death Syndromes
Current NHS consultant posts held
Currently retired from NHS practice.
I have been the principal author or co-authored 40 original papers in the areas of arrhythmia management, coronary artery disease and hypertension.
Hypertension; American Journal of Clinical Nutrition; The Lancet; The Ulster Medical Journal; Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology; Heart; European Heart Journal; Journal of the Royal College of Physicians (Edinburgh); Journal of the American College of Cardiology; International Journal of Cardiology; Circulation; Americal Heart Journal; Archives of Internal Medicine.
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians (Edinburgh) 1986
- MB, BCh, BAO Queens University, Belfast 1983
- MD Queens University, Belfast 1989
- FRCP RCP (London) 1997
- FRCP RCP (Edinburgh) 1996
- BSc (Hons), Physiology Queen's University, Belfast 1980
- Fellow in Clinical Electrophysiology and Research Fellow Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA 1991
Reference number 2803872
Details of entry to specialist register
- Full Registration, 1984
- Specialist Register (Cardiology and General Internal Medicine), 1996
Affiliations / memberships
Member: British Cardiac Society; Irish Cardiac Society; Ulster Medical Society; British Society of Echocardiography; Heart Rhythm (UK).
- Ulster Independent Clinic
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 07565 894510
Post treatment communication