- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
I am a BACP Accredited Counsellor (2004) and BPC Registered Psychodynamic Psychotherapist (2011).
I have experience working with adults in private practice and with young people (14+) in educational settings. I also work for an EAP with clients affected by work related issues.
My background is in Education and Welfare. As such, I have a good understanding of the pressures that students and staff working in educational settings have to cope with nowadays.
I entered the counselling profession in the late nineties. I wanted to explore further and understand better the strong correlation between the ability to learn (or work) successfully and the emotional and mental estate for the learner (or worker.)
I have practiced as a counsellor since I qualified in 2003 in private practice as well as in schools, college and university settings.
I use psychodynamic counselling to support individual clients experiencing various degrees of distress and pain in their lives as well as moderate anxiety and stress.
Psychodynamic counselling helps us understand what lies beneath our thoughts, feelings and behaviours. It is by achieving new insights and understanding that change can happen.
Areas of interest
- General Mental Health Issues such as depression and anxiety, stress, low self-esteem, lack of confidence isolation.
- Work related issues such as stress, managing change, managing work relationships, addressing life-work balance.
- Life Transitions, specially from adolescence to adulthood. Working with young people (Age 18 +)
- Working with clients with different learning styles ie: Dislexia, Dispraxia, ASD.
Spanish and English
- Advanced Post-Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling WPF & University of Surrey 2003
- Certificate in CBT Skills for Qualified Professionals WPF London 2014
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course Being Mindful @ The Awareness Centre 2014
- BA (Hons) Pedagogy Deusto University, Bilbao, Spain 1990
Details of entry to specialist register
- Professional Standards Authority Accredited Register - BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists Reg No: 009920, 2015
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Reg No: 552351
British Psychoanalitic Council (BPC) Reg No: 20838
The Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling (FPC) Reg No: 2528
- 68 The Green Morden SM4 4HL
- 08:30 - 16:30
- 07894 941001
- The Awareness Centre
- 09:00 - 13:00
- 07894 941001
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
In the event of an emergency patients should contact me directly on my mobile number.