- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Cardiac CT/MRI
- General cardiology
I have been a consultant cardiologist at Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust since November 2013. I specialise in diagnostic cardiac imaging. I trained in the West Midlands cardiology training programme and carried out further specialist training in advanced multi-modality cardiac imaging at the University Hospital Birmingham (Queen Elizabeth) which is a renowned NHS tertiary cardiac diagnostic and treatment centre.
My primary interests involves the use of advanced non-invasive cardiac imaging modalities eg cardiac MRI, cardiac CT, echocardiography (including transthoracic, stress, contrast and transesophageal echocardiography) to investigate and treat variety of cardiac conditions including coronary artery disease, heart valves diseases, cardiomyopathies, heart failure, arrhythmias, blackouts, hypertension, pericardial diseases and screening in athletes. I also do invasive cardiac procedures including invasive angiography, pacing, loop recorder implantations.
Areas of interest
Coronary artery disease
Heart valves diseases
Screening in athletes
Cancer/Chemotherapy related heart diseases
Cardiac diagnostics including cardiac MRI, cardiac CT, echocardiography (including transthoracic, stress, contrast and transesophageal echocardiography)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust
1. Coronary Artery Calcium Assessment in CKD: Utility in Cardiovascular Disease Risk Assessment and Treatment? Am J Kidney Dis. 2015 Mar 6. pii: S0272-6386(15)00420-5.
2. Staphylococcus aureus bacteraemia in a UK tertiary referral centre: a 'transoesophageal echocardiogram for all' policy. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2014 Mar 27. PMID: 24677159.
3. The impact of age and chronic kidney disease on secondary prevention post-primary percutaneous coronary intervention. QJM. 2014 Mar;107(3):185-92. PMID: 24194563
4. Extensive endomyocardial calcification of unknown cause: a rare manifestation of left ventricular non-compaction? El Mednifico Journal, [S.l.], v. 2, n. 1, p. 30-31, jan. 2014. ISSN 2307-7301.
5. Chest pain with raised troponin, ECG changes but normal coronary arteries. BMJ Case Rep. 2014 Mar 31;2014. PMID: 24686798
6. Mechanical mitral valve thrombosis in rheumatic valve disease. BMJ Case Rep. 2014 Feb 26;2014. pii: bcr2013201918. PMID: 24574523
7. Imaging features in takotsubo cardiomyopathy. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Oct 3;2013.PMID: 24092612
8. Warfarin ridge: an unusual location of benign papillary fibroelastoma. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013 Sep 24;62(13):1213.PMID: 23916941
9. Left atrial appendage membrane: a rare anatomical variant. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2013 Sep;14(9):897. PMID: 23588789
10. Retained temporary epicardial pacing wires: a rare cause of prosthetic valve endocarditis. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2013 Sep;23(9):657-9. PMID: 24034193
11. Multilevel obstruction in the left heart during pregnancy. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013 May 28;61(21):e173. PMID: 23538282
12. Malposition of pacing lead into the left ventricle: a rare complication of pacemaker insertion. BMJ Case Rep. 2014 Jul 22;2014.
13. Delayed aorto-right atrial fistula following percutaneous closure of atrial septal defect. J. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2014 Jul;96(5):
- Joint British Society of Echocardiography/Association of Cardiothoracic Anaesthetists Accreditation in Transoesophageal Echocardiography British Society of Echocardiography 2013
- Diplomate National Board of Echocardiography (USA) - Adult Comprehensive (Transthoracic, Transoesophageal and Stress) Echocardiography National Board of Echocardiography (USA) 2013
- Level 3 Certification in Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (CMR) European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging (EACVI section CMR 2014
- Fellowship of Royal College of Physicians Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh 2016
Reference number 6051138
Affiliations / memberships
General Medical Council, UK
Royal College of Physicians, UK
British Society of Echocardiography
European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging
European Society of Cardiology
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.