- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 23 May 2020
I have started my career in haematology at Hammersmith Hospital and completed MSc degree with publications on CML gene expression. I have joined the south west London rotation as specialist registrar in haematology and gained high quality training on different haematology disorders. I have been a consultant in haematology for the last 12 years and working at Croydon University Hospital since 2014. I am the lead of haemato-oncology and the chair for the chemotherapy working group at the Croydon University Hospital. I have active role in teaching doctors in training and educational supervisor for F2 doctor and specialist registrar.
Areas of interest
General haematology with special interest in haemato-oncology including Myeloma; Lymphomas and leukaemias.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Lead for Clinical Haematology
Croydon University Hospital
530 London Road
1. Principle investigator for AML19 trial, PETRea trial, MCL bank trial and Myeloma fitness trial at Croydon University Hospital.
2. Co-investigator for FLAIR trial at Croydon University Hospital.
3. Previous PCR based research in CML at Hammersmith Hospital - London
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Arabic - Native or bilingual
1. Gaber KA, Eldukali WA, Al-Jehani FS. Prevalence of MRSA nasal carrier rate in
haematology patients of Benghazi Medical Center using PCR-based method; first study
in Libya. European Respiratory Journal, 2012, 40(Suppl. 56): 2498
2. Khalaf D, Al-Jehani F. Pseudo-differentiation syndrome in a patient with AML.
Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis, 2011, 3(1): 061
3. Khalaf D, Toema B, Dabbour N, Al- Jehani F. Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis in
association with severe Cytomegalovirus infection. Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis,
2011, 3(1): 004
4. Khalaf D, Toema Ba, Al-sadadi Sh, Al-jehani Fa, Sammak Mo. Salmonella Typhi
associated hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis in a previously healthy 23 years old
woman. WebmedCentral INFECTIOUS DISEASES 2011;2(3):WMC00175
5. Al- Jehani F, Khalaf D, Al-Sadadi S, Dabbour N. Ecthyma gangrenosum in a patient
with CML. Bloodmed, online, Images 183, May 2009
6. Dungerwalla M, Osuji N, Waldman A, Al-Jehani F, Mehta A, Taylor R, Wotherspoon
A, Cogill G and Matutes E. Isolated CNS involvement in adult T cell
lymphoma/leukaemia. British Journal of Haematology, 2005, 130(4), 511-515.
7. Al-Jehani F, Alsousou J, Gover P. Nephrotic syndrome associated with chronic
lymphocytic leukaemia. Hematology, 2004, 9 (5/6), 401-403.
8. Bareford D, Al-Jehani FS. Chronic myeloid leukaemia associated with hairy cell
leukaemia. Journal of Clinical Pathology, 2000, 53(12): 940-1
9. Al-Jehani FS, Spencer A, Goldman JM, Melo JV. Expression of LH2 gene in Chronic
Myeloid Leukemia. Blood, 1995, 86 (Suppl. 1): 2880.
10. Al-Jehani FS, Hochhaus A, Spencer A, Goldman JM, Melo JV. Expression of the LH2
gene in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia cells. Leukemia, 1996, 10: 1122-1126.
11. Beshyah SA, Schiff R & Al-Jehani FS. National crash call number is needed. Br.
Med. J 1996, 313 (Letter): 429.
- Certificate of Completion of training in Haematology, CCT Postgraduate Medical Education and Training Board, London, UK 2006
- FRCPath Royal College of Pathologists, London, UK 2005
- M.Sc. in Haematology University of London, London, UK 1995
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians, London, UK 1994
- Diploma of Internal Medicine, DIM RPMS, University of London, London, UK 1994
- MB ChB Benghazi University, Benghazi, Libya 1989
Reference number 4455965
Details of entry to specialist register
- Haematology, 2006
Affiliations / memberships
• Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists (Haematology), London
• Collegiate Member of the Royal College of Physicians, London
- BMI Shirley Oaks Hospital
- 15:00 - 18:00
- 07909 093300
- GenesisCare - Maidstone
- 10:00 - 12:00
- 07909 093300
- Poppy LaneShirley Oaks VillageCROYDONCR9 8AB
- 10:00 - 12:00
- 07909 093300
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details