- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Dr Cathal Steele is the Consultant Immunologist in Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee.
He is responsible for the care of patients with immunodeficiency and allergy disorders within NHS Tayside. Dr Steele trained in Clinical and Laboratory Immunology in the Northern Ireland Regional Immunology Service and was made a Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists in October 2016.
Additional training opportunities led to the award of a postgraduate certificate in Allergy from Imperial College London. He delivers medical student teaching in the University of Dundee.
Dr Steele is specialised in the investigation and management of immunodeficiency and allergy disorders.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Immunologist and Honorary Senior Clinical Teacher. Ninewells Hospital and Medical School. Dundee. UK
1. Steele CL, Edgar JDM. Methotrexate induced hyperpigmentation. BMJ 2012;345:e6359
2. Steele CL, Edgar JDM. XLA and hyperbaric oxygen therapy. J Clin Immunol (2012) 32 (Suppl 1):S285
3. Conlon N, Steele CL, Edgar JDM. Immunoglobulin replacement therapy does not reduce antibiotic prescriptions in patients with specific antibody deficiency. UKPIN, Liverpool, 2013. Clin Exp Immunol. 2013 Dec; 174(Suppl 1): 1–36
4. Steele CL, Conlon N, Edgar JDM. Diagnosis of immediate food allergy. BMJ. 2014 Jul 11;349:g3695
5. Steele CL, Edgar JDM. A novel treatment in X-linked agammaglobulinaemia - hyperbaric oxygen therapy in refractory chronic wounds. J Clin Immunol. 2014 Oct;34(7):784-7
6. Steele CL, Dore M et al. X-linked Inhibitor of Apoptosis complicated by Granulomatous Lymphocytic Interstitial Lung Disease and Granulomatous Hepatitis. J Clin Immunol. 2016 Oct;36(7):733-8.
7. Coulter T, Chandra A, Bacon C, Barbar J, Curtis J, Screaton N, Goodlad J, Farmer G, Steele CL et al. Clinical spectrum and features of phosphoinositide 3-kinase δ syndrome: A large patient cohort study. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2017 Feb;139(2):597-606
- MBBCh Queen's University Belfast 2002
- MRCP(UK) Royal College of Physicians (UK) 2005
- MRCGP Royal College General Practitioners 2009
- FRCPath Royal College of 2016
- PG cert. Allergy Imperial College London 2012
Reference number 6051006
Details of entry to specialist register
- Immunology, 2016
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.