- Fee assured
- Verified account
I am working as a Consultant Gynaecologist at Lister Hospital, East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust since 2012. In April 2019, I was appointed to the position of Clinical Director for Gynaecology.This position has provided me the platform to drive my goals - delivery of high standard care to all patients and development of Gynaecology services.
My personal approach is geared towards building patient's trust by understanding their concerns and maintaining an honest, compassionate and professional approach to treatment.
My areas of special interest include Diagnostic Oncology, Colposcopy and minimal access surgery.
I am one of the lead providers of outpatient Hysteroscopy service at Lister Hospital, a recognised Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (RCOG) trainer for the Advanced Hysteroscopy Training Module and facilitate the RCOG run Advance Hysteroscopy courses.
I am a certified Colposcopist by the British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (BSCCP) and a named specialist Colposcopist at Lister Hospital. In addition to routine referrals, I also provide specialist opinion to complex cases referred by other Colposcopist, vulval dysplasia and colposcopy during pregnancy.
I also support the Advance Endometriosis service at Lister Hospital.
I received my basic training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen University Hospitals. I then moved to the south coast and completed my specialist training in Wessex Deanery, working at Poole, Dorchester and Princess Anne, Southampton University Hospital.
During my training I completed special skills modules in Gynaecological Oncology, Vaginal Surgery, Gynaecology Ultrasound Scanning and Advanced Labour Ward Practice.
I gained valuable experience in management of Endometriosis and acquired advance skills in minimal access surgery during my training at three nationally recognised leading Endometriosis centers.
Areas of interest
Gynaecology; Colposcopy; Abnormal cervical smear; Post-coital bleeding; Intermenstrual bleeding; Menstrual disorders; Menorrhagia; Heavy periods; Painful periods; Dysmenorrhoea; Fibroids; Polyps; Hysteroscopy; Hysteroscopic resection of polyp; Hysteroscopic resection of Fibroid(TCRF); Endometrial resection; Dyspareunia; Painful Sex; Pelvic pain; raised CA125; Diagnostic Laparoscopy; Chronic Pelvic Pain; Postmenopausal bleeding; Menopause ; HRT ; Vulval disorder ; Lichen sclerosis ; Vulvodynia ; VIN( vulval intraepithelial neoplasia); Vulval lesion ; Bartholin cyst; Bartholin abscess ; Vaginal discharge ; Vaginal infection; Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI); Vaginal Prolapse; Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID); Minimal Access surgery ; Key hole surgery; Endoemtriosis; Ovarian cyst; removal of Tubo-ovarian mass ; Polycystic Ovarian syndrome (PCOS); Hysterectomy; Laparoscopic Hysterectomy; Early Stage endometrial cancer ; Microinvasive Cervical cancer
- Medserv - Billing queries
- Ground Floor Rockwood House 9-17 Perrymount Road Haywards Heath RH16 3TW
- 020 3384 1952
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Angukumar Thangamuthu Fee Assured
- Dr Shanmugasundaram Gowrie-Mohan Fee Assured
- Dr Alexander Czech Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Gynaecologist and Clinical Director Gynaecology - Lister Hospital East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust
Minimal access surgery
- DFFP Faculty of sexual and reproductive health 2005
- MBBS Dow Medical University- Karachi Pakistan 1997
- MRCOG Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist 2005
- BSCCP- Certified Colposcopist British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology 2009
- Intermediate Gynaecology USS module Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (RCOG) 2010
- ATSM - Vaginal surgery Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (RCOG) 2010
- ATSM - Gynae-Oncology Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (RCOG) 2010
Reference number 5201956
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Facilitator - Advance Hysteroscopy Skills Course Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (RCOG£ 2019
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCT - Certificatie of completion of training- Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist - FRCOG
British Society of Gynaecology Endoscopy - BSGE
British Gynaecology Cancer Society - BGCS
British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology - BSCCP
British Medical Association - BMA
- One Hatfield Hospital- Hatfield
- 17:30 - 20:00
- 01707 443333
- Pinehill Hospital Benslow LaneHITCHINSG4 9QZ
- 09:00 - 13:00
- 01462 422822
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details