- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Interventional cardiology
- Video and telephone consultations
I am a Consultant Cardiologist/Heart Rhythm Specialist with a special interest in treatment of atrial fibrillation.
I am one of a select number of European atrial fibrillation specialists to have undertaken advanced specialisation at two of the highest profile centres in the world (the Harvard University-affiliated Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston and Hôpital Haut-Lévêque in Bordeaux, where the first curative ablation for atrial fibrillation worldwide was performed).
I am one of the highest volume operators for catheter ablation procedures in Liverpool and Manchester, where my private specialist arrhythmia practice is based. I have the privilege of sharing my expertise in advanced ablation techniques by training other specialist consultants from the UK and Europe.
I have published extensively on advanced techniques for ablation of atrial fibrillation. My current research focuses on techniques for enhancing safety of ablation procedures.
Areas of interest
Specialist in atrial fibrillation ablation: Ablation; Atrial fibrillation (AF); palpitations; abnormal heart rhythms; arrhythmias; SVTs; accessory pathways; WPW; AVNRT; atrial tachycardias (AT); ventricular tachycardia (VT); ventricular arrhythmia; atrial flutter
- Sally Cunliffe
- Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital Thomas Drive Liverpool L14 3PE
- 0151 600 1256
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Islam Shaban Mohamed Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital NHS Trust
Research focused on the use of latest ablation technology to consistently improve outcomes and safety of catheter ablation procedures.
Currently Chief Investigator of of multi-centre study on complex catheter ablation techniques.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Gujarati - Fluent
- Spanish - Fluent
- Swahili - Fluent
- French - Conversational
Extensive publication history in high-impact journals. Details can be found in Pubmed:
Co-editor and co-author of award winning cardiology textbook:
Textbook of Cardiovascular Pharmacology. 1st Edition. Oxford University Press, 2010
Winner of 2011 BMA Medical Book Awards, Pharmacology Section
Outcomes published in National Audit Database (NICOR)
Outcomes audited at Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital (excellent outcomes and safety record)
- PhD University of Leicester/MGH/Harvard Medical School 2014
- MBChB (Medical Degree) University of Leicester 2002
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians 2006
- BSc University of Leicester 2000
- Advanced Electrophysiology Fellowship Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, USA 2014
- Advanced Electrophysiology Fellowship Hôpital Haut-Lévêque, CHU De Bordeaux, France 2013
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship (Atrial Fibrillation) MGH/Harvard Medical School 2012
Reference number 6057013
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Fellowship Royal College of Physicians Royal College of Physicians 2021
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.