- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Transactional Analysis (TA)
I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist who has extensive experience of working both in the NHS and private practice and offer assessment and psychological therapy on a one to one basis.
I am skilled in a number of therapeutic approaches such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Transactional Analysis (TA), Mindfulness and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR). Although I have a preference for working with Mindfulness-based approaches such as ACT, I use whichever techniques are best-suited to the needs of the individual in question.
I am registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), an associate fellow member of British Psychological Society (BPS) and Chair of the BPS Division of Counselling Psychology Wales (DCoPW).
Areas of interest
I have worked with many people to help them learn ways of dealing differently with a range of difficulties, including panic attacks, stress, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, low self esteem, trauma, and PTSD, with a specialism in anxiety related difficulties. I also have experience of working with those on the autistic spectrum.
- Video and telephone consultations
- Anxaid: http://www.anxaid.com
- DPsych in Counselling Psychology City University, London 2010
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Chair of the Wales Division of Counselling Psychology The British Psychological Society 2019