- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Stoke Mandeville Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
This healthcare professional is currently treating patients. Please speak to them to find out more about their availability.
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
Matthew Kinsella is an Moorfields trained ophthalmologist specialising in the treatment and management of adult glaucoma and cataracts (especially in patients with glaucoma). He undertook postgraduate and sub-specialist glaucoma fellowships in Moorfields Eye Hospital.
In addition to the more traditional glaucoma operations (trabeculectomy and aqueous shunt surgery) Mr Kinsella has been active in adopting novel minimally invasive glaucoma surgical techniques, in particular Xen, iStent tube implantation surgery and transcleral micropulse laser.
Areas of interest
Primary and complex secondary glaucomas (medical, laser and surgical treatment) in adults; cataract surgery; general ophthalmology; neuro-ophthalmology
- Christina Purton Private and NHS secretary
- Stoke Mandeville Hospital NHS Trust Mandeville Road Aylesbury HP21 8AL
- 07868 274190
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Saurabh Ricky Nagpaul Fee Assured
- Dr Carl Jeremy Morris Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Buckinghamshire NHS trust
Stoke Mandeville Hospital
(Additional) Languages spoken
- French - Conversational
- BSc (Hons) Neurosciences University College London 2001
- MB BS University College London 2004
- MRCP (UK) Royal College of Physicians 2008
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2014
- ASTO in glaucoma Moorfields Eye Hospital 2014
- Glaucoma fellowship and locum consultant Moorfields Eye Hospital 2015
Reference number 6104125
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCT ophthalmology, 2014
- London RoadGREAT MISSENDENHP16 0EN
- 14:30 - 17:30
- 01494 890890
- Mandeville RoadAYLESBURYHP21 8AL
- 17:30 - 19:30
- 01296 315131
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
01296318118 eye casualty at Stoke Mandeville. If not available, then my secretary as above