- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
I am a Registered Accredited Member of BACP with 20 years experience working as a Counsellor in private practice, NHS, multi disciplinary counselling services, Employee Assistance Providers (EAP) and insurance companies. Additionally, I provide Supervision, Performance Coaching and Stress Management and run workshops on a range of subjects including stress management and for adults estranged from familiy members.
From my initial training and further continuing professional development, I can draw upon: Psychodynamic; Humanistic; Solution Focussed Brief Therapy; CBT models and Creative Writing for Therapeutic Purposes. I work with individual adult clients both short-term (from 6-12 sessions), to long-term, open-ended contracts. I work with clients from all walks of life and am experienced in working with trainee counsellors and healthcare professionals.
Areas of interest
Anxiety; Depression; Stress; Work/Life Balance; Relationships; Coping with Change and Loss/Bereavement (including family estrangement); Cultural Identity (including clients for whom English is a second language, or from multi-cultural backgrounds); Neuropsychology; Menopause; Creative Writing as a Therapeutic Tool.
- Certificate in Counselling and Groupwork Birkbeck College, University of London 1996
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling University of Sussex 1997
- Certificate in Performance Coaching and Stress Management Centre for Coaching 2005
- MSc Creative Writing for Therapeutic Purposes Metanoia Institute/Middlesex University 2016
Details of entry to specialist register
- BACP Registered Accredited Counsellor, 2001
Affiliations / memberships
BACP: Registered Accredited Member
Brighton Therapy Centre: Associate Practitioner