- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Cardiac CT/MRI
- General cardiology
Harry sees patients with the full range of cardiology problems including coronary artery disease, hypertension, arrhythmia, and heart failure, as well as patients being investigated for symptoms such as chest pain, breathlessness, palpitations and blackouts.
He emphasizes a caring approach, with thorough assessments, state-of-the-art non-invasive testing, clear explanations, and shared decision making.
Areas of interest
General cardiology – all aspects; Non-invasive cardiac imaging; Cardiac MRI; Echocardiography; Coronary artery disease; Valve disease; Heart failure; Preventive cardiology; Peri-operative cardiology; Inherited heart disease; Heart disease in women; Sports cardiology: Stress Echocardiography
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Cardiologist of Imaging; Medway Maritime NHS Trust, Gillingham
Consultant Cardiologist of Imaging
Hon. Consultant; St Thomas' Hospital
Consultant Cardiologist of Imaging
Hon. Senior Lecturer, Kings College London
Cardiac MRI, Echocardiography, Heart Failure, Hypertension, Diastolic Dynsfunction in Hypertensive Patients.
Fellow of the American Society of Echocardiography (FASE) 2010
Fellow of the American College of Cardiology (FACC) 2009
Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology (FESC) 2009
Distincton in MSc. Medical Ultrasound, Imperial College of Medicine 2005
1. Pavlopoulos H, Nihoyannopoulos P.
Recent Advances in Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy. Echocardiographic Modalities, Patient
Selection, Optimization, Non-Responders. All You Need to Know for More Efficient CRT. Int J
Cardiovasc Imaging. 2009 Nov 25. [Epub ahead of print]
2. Pavlopoulos H, Nihoyannopoulos P.
Left Atrial Size: A Structural Expression of Abnormal Left Ventricular Segmental Relaxation
Evaluated By Strain Echocardiography.
Eur J Echocardiogr. 2009 Jul 11. [Epub ahead of print]
3. Pavlopoulos H, Nihoyannopoulos P.
Regional Left Ventricular Distribution of Abnormal Segmental Relaxation Evaluated by Strain
Echocardiography and the Incremental Value Over Annular Diastolic Velocities in Hypertensive
Patients With Normal Global Diastolic Function.
Eur J Echocardiography 2009 Apr 10. [Epub ahead of print]
4. Pavlopoulos H, Nihoyannopoulos P.
Pulse pressure/stroke volume a surrogate index of arterial stiffness and the relation to segmental
relaxation and longitudinal systolic deformation in hypertensive disease.
Eur J Echocardiogr. 2008 Dec 24. [Epub ahead of print]
5. Pavlopoulos H, Grapsa J, Stefanadi E, Kamperidis V, Philippou E, Dawson D,
Nihoyannopoulos P. The evolution of diastolic dysfunction in the hypertensive disease.
Eur J Echocardiogr. 2008 Apr 29. [Epub ahead of print]
6. Pavlopoulos H, Grapsa J,Stefanadi E,Philippou E,Dawson D,Nihoyannopoulos P.
Is it only diastolic dysfunction? Segmental relaxation patterns and longitudinal systolic deformation
in systemic hypertension.
Eur J Echocardiogr. 2008 Apr 4. [Epub ahead of print]
7. Pavlopoulos H, Nihoyannopoulos P.
Abnormal Segmental Relaxation Patterns in Hypertensive Disease and Symptomatic Diastolic
Dysfunction Detected by Strain Echocardiography.
J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2008 Mar 8. [Epub ahead of print]
8. Pavlopoulos H, Nihoyannopoulos P.
The constellation of hypertensive heart disease.
Hellenic J Cardiol. 2008 Mar-Apr;49(2):92-9.
9. Pavlopoulos H, Nihoyannopoulos P.
Strain and strain rate deformation parameters: from tissue Doppler to 2D speckle tracking. Int J
Cardiovasc Imaging. 2008 Jun;24(5):479-91.
Courses offered to GPs
Cardiac MRI, Echocardiography
- Doctor of Medicine (Research) University of London 1999
- Cardiac MRI, Level II Heart Hospital, London 2014
- European Accreditation Exam Adult Transoesophageal Echocardiography ESC 2010
- Cardiac CT Programme (Level II) John Hopkins University, Baltimore 2010
- Introduction to Cardiac CT (Level I) London 2010
- MSc. Medical Ultrasound - Echocardiography (Distinction) Imperial College of Medicine, London 2005
- Fellowship in Cardiovascular Imaging Hammersmith Hospital, London 2008
- Master of Science University of London 2005
- European Cardiac MRI Accreditation Exam ESC 2017
- Safeguarding Children Level 3 ACI 2017
- Advanced Life Support Resuscitation Council UK 2016
Reference number 4357074
Affiliations / memberships
BRITISH SOCIETY OF HEART FAILURE Member
HEART FAILURE ASSOCIATION OF THE ESC: Member
EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION OF ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY: Member
AMERICAN SOCIETY OF ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY: Member
BRITISH SOCIETY OF ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY: Member
BRITISH CARDIOVASCULAR SOCIETY: Member
BRITISH MEDICAL ASSOCIATION: Member
EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION FOR CARDIOVASCULAR
PREVENTION AND REHABILITATION: Member
AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION Member
ATHENS MEDICAL COUNCIL: Full Registration