- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Behaviour Therapy
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Video and telephone consultations
I am a consultant chartered clinical psychologist with 30 years post qualification experience, specializing in CAMHS and Child Learning Difficulties, including Neuro-developmental Disorders. I also have CBT qualifications from the Beck Institute in America and can manage most Adult mental health problems as well.
Areas of interest
Child and Adolescent Mental Health; Psychological and Psychometric Assessments; Child/Adolescent Learning Difficulties; Chronic Pain; Adult Mental Health; Cultural Contexts; Trauma Treatment.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Pain management
Current NHS consultant posts held
Trainer; D.Clin.Psy. Programme; Psychology Department; University of East London; Water Lane; London; E15 4LZ
Autism Spectrum Conditions; Chronic Pain; Anti-Racism; Deafness and Cognition
• Wood, N & Patel, N. (2017) ‘On Addressing Whiteness in Clinical Psychology Training'.. South African Journal of Psychology. https://doi.org/10.1177/0081246317722099
Wood, N. Qureshi, A & Mughal, F (2017) Positioning, telling, and performing a male illness: Chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome.(CP/CPPS). British Journal of Health Psychology. Nov;22(4):904-919. doi: 10.1111/bjhp.12261.
• Wood, N. (2015) ‘How to talk to someone with an ‘untreatable’ lifelong condition.’ British Medical Journal., http://www.bmj.com/content/bmj/351/bmj.h5037.full.pdf
• Wood, N. (2013) ‘Survivor narratives of men with Chronic Prostatitis/Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome (CP/CPPS)’. 6th International Conference in International Society for Critical Health Psychology. Bradford, UK
• Shah, S., Wood, N., & Nolte, L. (2012) The experiences of being a trainee clinical psychologist from a black and minority ethnic group: A qualitative study. Clinical Psychology Forum, 232, 32-35.
• Wood, N. (2012) Narratives of Informal Footballers with One Leg in Sierra Leone. 30th International Congress of Psychology. Cape Town, South Africa.
• Winter, D , Bridi , S , Urbano Giralt , S & Wood , N (2011) ' Loosening the chains of preemptive construing : constructions of psychological disorder and its treatment in Sierra Leone '. In D Stojnov, V., Dzinovic, T., Pavlovic & M Frances (eds) , Personal Construct Psychology in an Accelerating World. EPCA/Serbian Constructivist Association, pp. 95-108.
• Lund, C., Kajee, A., & Wood, N. (2010) Clinical Psychology Training in South Africa. Clinical Psychology Forum, British Psychological Society, 17-21.
• Wood, N. & Dockrell, J. (2010) Psychological assessment procedures for assessing deaf or hard of hearing children. Educational and Child Psychology, British Psychological Society, 27(2), 11-22.
• Wood, N. (2003) Cognitive and Linguistic Profiles of Hearing Impaired Children. Unpublished Doctor of Philosophy Dissertation. University of London.
• Wood, N. (2000) Cognitive Assessment of Deaf Children. Child Language Conference Proceedings, City University, London.