- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Behaviour Therapy
- Behavioural Couples Therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
- Video & Telephone remote therapy sessions
Hello! I am Margarita Chacin
I am a psychologist who believes therapy should be a journey of self-discovery and not just a treatment of disorders...
I am a Chartered Health Psychologist based in Horley, Surrey offering Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). I believe strongly that psychological interventions can make a significant and meaningful difference to the quality of people’s lives whether they are struggling with mental health difficulties or have just become stuck and want to find new ways to move forward in their personal lives, relationships or work.
I have over 10 years experience working with children and adults in Hospital and Private practice.
In addition to private practice, I also work for the NHS providing psychological interventions to patients with Chronic Pain conditions
Areas of interest
Depression, Anxiety, Self-Esteem, Bereavement, Marriage Counselling, PTSD, Sleep Problems, Fatigue, Stress, Weight Management, Chronic Illnesses...
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Pain management
Current NHS consultant posts held
Chartered Registered Psychologist at Southend University Hospital. In the Chronic Pain Service.
- Psychoneuroimmunology In The Process Of Illness And Quality Of Life Child With Cancer .Co- Investigator. December 2016. Maracaibo-Venezuela.
- Family Social Climate In Parents Of Children And Adolescents With Cancer. Undergraduate Thesis Tutor. Approved with 20 / 20 Pts Mention Publication. 2013 Maracaibo - Venezuela
- Family Function In Children And Adolescents With Cancer. Undergraduate Thesis Tutor. Approved with 20/ 20 Pts Mention Publication. 2013 Maracaibo - Venezuela
- Resilience Program For Teens With Cancer. Undergraduate Thesis Tutor. Approved with 20/ 20 Pts Mention Publication. 2012 Maracaibo - Venezuela
- Attitude Toward Sexuality In Adolescents With Cancer . Undergraduate Thesis Tutor. Approved with 20/ 20 Pts Mention Publication. April, 2011
- Children With The Grief Process . Psychological Approach. Special Working to qualify for the title of Master in Clinical Psychology and Health. November 2009.
- Diploma of Honor: Suma Cum Laude 19,05 /20 pts. May 200 . Venezuela
- Pediatric Specialty Hospital Foundation. Recognition: "Having demonstrated high level of excellence in the performance of their duties as a Psychologist. 2012
- Awarded as the best international research at the 3rd International Congress of Clinical and Health Psychology on Children and Adolescents in Sevilla, Spain. 2017
English, Spanish, Dutch
- Psychologist Universidad Rafael Urdante 2007
- Diplomate in Mouring Therapy. The Venezuelan Society of Health Psychology and the Metas Organization 2005
- Master in a Clinical and Health Psychology. Higher Institute of Psychology Studies. ISEP formation (Barcelona-Spain 2009
- Diplomate in Hospital and Health Psychology. The Venezuelan Society of Health Psychology (Venezuela) 2011
- Training in Constructivist, Cognitive and Behavioral Psychoterapy Applied Psychology Center. (Venezuela). 2012
- Evaluation and Diagnosis of an Addict. Family Health Service (Venezuela). 2004
- Attachment, Separation and Anxiety. (Module I) Applied Psyvhology Center. (Venezuela) 2005
- Attachment, Loss and Mouring. (Module II) Applied Psyvhology Center. (Venezuela) 2005
- Advanced Course in psycho-oncology and Palliative Care. Organización Metas 2006
- Psychoneuroimmunology or how to take possesion of the Inmune System. University of Zulia. 2008
- Development of the Resilience. II Venezuelan Congress of Psychology (Venezuela). 2010
- Theoretical and Applied Course Evaluation and Treatment Cognitive Behavioral Couple problems. . Aaron Beck Psychology Center (Spain) 2011
- Diploma in Cognitive Therapy applied to Health. Venezuelan Society of Health Psychology. 2012
- Positive Psychology and authentic well-being. The British Psychological Society. Profesional Development Center 2015
- Introduction to ACT for long-term conditions Workshop. The British Psychological Society. Profesional Development Center 2015
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: Four Day Skills Intensive Part 2 of 2. Level: Intermediate to Advanced. Mindfulness Training Ldt 2015
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Advanced. Institute for the Advancement of Human Behavior. Psychwire. 2017
- The Happines Trap Psychwire. 2018
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Chartered Psychologist British Psychological Society 2016
- Registered Psychologist Health & Care Professions Council 2017
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: margaritachacin
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Psychology session - (1-5)