- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Transactional Analysis (TA)
- Video and telephone consultations
The approach : Solution focused-
The approach is evidenced based approach, for short terms issues. Solution focuses work is brief and works on a goal that the client wishes to achieve.
Helpful for : Mild levels of anxiety, low mood, post traumatic disorder , eat disorders and obsessive compulsion disorder . The approach aims at working on the goal that the client wishes to achieve and to set out strategies and goals to bring the goal and the achievement of it into reality.
The Approach : Short term Psychotherapy
focuses on emotions that may need to be expressed and understood.
Helpful for: low mood, fatigue, difficult relationships, life events, through the impact the previous patterns of behaviours has had upon current ways of relating and thinking, the approach seeks to increase the development of new awareness for well being
The Approach : Transactional analysis
understanding the dynamics patterns of behaviour we hold about our self and others and the world.
Helpful for, improving self aware of the self, improving the quality of relationship with others, improve understanding of self and others, improve self esteem, self confidence and low mood., anxiety and social anxiety
The Approach ; Counselling
understanding and developing the self form the experiences of life events .
Helpful for : depression, anxiety, PTSD , OCD, social anxiety, bereavements eating disorders, sexual abuse, rape, bullying, cultural issues
The Approach : Psychosynthesis –counselling
seeks to bring the self into a unity, which makes a synthesis of the self. The approach enables the client to understand how various parts of the self, can be related to various personalities and also beliefs we hold. The approach seeks the empowerment of the different parts of the by creating and maintaining a core sense of self.
Loss, bereavement. Identity issues, social anxiety, OCD, PTSD depression, eating disorders, personality disorders. Spiritual issues, cultural issues.
Areas of interest
I work with complex trauma, anxiety, depression, low mood, gender issues. bereavement domestic abuse, childhood abuse, spirituality issues. cultural issues, bullying, social anxiety.
- Paul Churchill: http://www.paulchurchill.co.uk
Current NHS consultant posts held
I currently hold post as a counsellor within the NHS, located in the city of Bath. I offering one to one assessments within the NHS in order to assess for suitability for psychological. I also offer one to one treatment session for a wide range of diverse presenting issues.
- I am interested in researching the effects of the therapeutic relationship how this can be a container for client growth in order to explore self within the counselling relationship
- I am also interest in the clients own experience within the therapeutic relationship, and how this can be support in a gestalt approach . of my attentive to the clients needs
- I am interested in the research of the clients presenting problems and the transformation of this in the client beginning to take a sense of autonomy over the presenting problem
- I am interested in the effects of low mood, anxiety and the moments of change that has supported a client manage this symptoms
I have a personnel interested in the psycho synthesis, of allow change to occur through the development of the issues brought into counselling, we therefore begin with analysis but end with a synthesis/
Courses offered to GPs
I am willing to offer talks and discuss my approach to counselling with clients or GPS.
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.bacp.co.uk
- BACP Accredited counsellor Bristol University 2009
- Bsc Hons Psychology Open University 2012
Affiliations / memberships
BACP number 628799
- Camomile Cafe, SN130ES
- 06:00 - 22:00
- 07818 870079
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.