- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Foot & Ankle
I trained in Orthopaedic surgery in the West of Scotland, and subsequently undertook sub-specialist fellowships in foot & ankle surgery at St Paul's hospital, Vancouver. I also trained in adoloscent foot & ankle problems at the BC children's hospital in Vancouver. I was awarded the BOFAS travelling fellowship to work with Dr Myerson in Baltimore, U.S.A, to further enhance the foot & ankle surgical experience.
I have published and presented widely in numerous national and international meetings. I work closely with specialist podiatrists, orthotists and nurse-practitioners to provide the best possible treatment experience.
Areas of interest
Bunion;Bunions;Bunion surgery;hallux valgus;Big toe arthritis;MTP arthritis;hammer toe;plantar fascitis;morton's neuroma;bursitis;heel pain;achilles tendonitis;ankle pain;ankle ligament problems;ankle instability;ankle arthritis;ankle arthroscopy;ankle keyhole surgery;ankle replacement;flatfoot;high arch;pes planus;pes cavus;foot fracture;ankle fracture;foot arthritis;Halgund's excision;ganglion;ganglion excision;K wiring;osteotomy;metatarsal osteotomy;Scarf;Akin;Lapidus;MTP fusion;MTP replacement;TMT fusion;Calcaneal osteotomy;tendon transfer;foot drop;ankle fusion;hindfoot fusion;bunionette;bunionette correction
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Foot & Ankle Surgeon
The Golden Jubilee National Hospital
Arthritis of the ankle
Play badminton regularly
Like skiing in winter
Like music & keyboard
Like to spend time with family/friends
2016- Best presentation award at BOFAS (British Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society) annual meeting.
2011- Best presentation award at AOFAS (American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society) annual meeting.
2010- Awarded the Travelling fellowship from BOFAS.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Gujarati - Native or bilingual
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
- Marathi (Marāṭhī) - Conversational
1. Deep-vein thrombosis prophylaxis in foot and ankle surgery: what is the current state of practice?
2.Perceived risk factors for nonunion following foot and ankle arthrodesis
3.Use of Telemedicine for Initial Consultations in Elective Orthopaedics—Results from a Large Volume Centre
4.Arthrodesis of the First Metatarsophalangeal Joint
Comparison of Three Techniques
Courses offered to GPs
Lunch-time seminars to GP practices
Foot & Ankle problems in GP practice- free talk given once every 3 months at Nuffield health
- FRCS Tr Orth Ed Royal College of Surgeon, Edinburgh 2010
- M.S Orthopaedics Government Medical College, Surat, India 1998
- Fellowship in Foot & Ankle Surgery St Paul's Hospital, UBC, Vancouver 2010
- Travelling Fellowship in Foot & Ankle Surgery Mercy medical centre, Mark Myerson, Baltimore 2011
- Paediatric Foot & Ankle Fellowship BC Children's hospital, Vancouver 2011
Reference number 5196998
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Chairman Scottish Foot & Ankle Society 2018
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma & Orthopaedics (GMC specialist register), 2010
Affiliations / memberships
BOFAS (British Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society) U.K
AOFAS (American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society) U.S
- 221 Crookston Road GLASGOW G52 3NQ
- 15:00 - 16:00
- 0141 810 3151
- 25 Beaconsfield Road GLASGOW G12 0PJ
- 16:30 - 17:30
- 0141 334 9441
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Nuffield health Glasgow Hospital
0141 334 9441