- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Behaviour Therapy
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Family Therapy
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
I have worked in local NHS Mental Health Services and Private Practice over the last 15 years.
I have experience in working with a range of mental health difficulties, from stress and depression, to PTSD, Complex Trauma and Personality Disorder.
I have a broad range of approaches CBT, EMDR, Mindfulness, DBT and Family/Couples Therapy.
Areas of interest
Mindfulness: Trauma: Personality Disorder:
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
Current NHS consultant posts held
Health Psychology and Cancer Services
North Tyneside General Hospital
Tyne and Wear
- Degree of Bachelor of Science The University of Aston in Birmingham 1996
- Degree of Doctor of Clinical Psychology University of Newcastle upon Tyne 2001
Details of entry to specialist register
- HCPC, 2017
- BPS, 2016
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Dr Jenny Johns
1 Tynemouth Road
Tyne and Wear