- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Foot & Ankle
Mr. Suresh Chandrashekar is a fellowship trained Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle surgeon, with special interest in Ankle arthroscopy and sports injuries in Adults.
He has trained extensively and acquired a wealth of experience treating Foot and Ankle conditions during his training in the U.K across the NHS set-up, as well as overseas experience in centres of excellence in Germany. He is available to consult and treat a wide range of foot & ankle problems.
Areas of interest
Management of Orthopaedic Trauma including Fractures of Ankle; Foot Fractures; Lisfranc injuries;
5th Metatarsal fractures and management of non-union;
Ankle sprains & instability;
Ligament repairs and tendon reconstruction.
Management of cartilage problems in joints.
Sports injuries of Ankle and Foot;
Management of Osteoarthritis in Foot and Ankle Joints;
All aspects of foot deformities and pain including
Bunion deformities & Hallux Valgus corrective surgery,
Ingrown toe nail procedures for recurrence & Morton's Neuroma treatment.
Rheumatoid Arthritis related deformities of Foot and Ankle;
Achilles tendon problems including repair and reconstruction.
Heel pain - Plantar Fasciitis; Tarsal tunnel Syndrome;
Flat foot correction; Adult club foot corrections;
- Carla McLoughlin
- 31 Old Broad Street London EC2N 1HT
- 020 7496 3563
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Chi Ng Fee Assured
- Dr Amit Pawa Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Foot and Ankle Orthopaedic Surgeon.
The Homerton University Hospitals NHS foundation Trust.
Homerton Row. Hackney. E9 6SR
Patient satisfaction and recovery in Day case foot and Ankle Surgery.
Management of Complex and severe Hallux Valgus deformities.
Management of Osteochondral lesions of Talus in Young patients.
Scuba diving - PADI certified.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
- Tamil - Native or bilingual
- Russian - Fluent
Courses offered to GPs
Regular CPD talks to Physio groups as per request.
recent CPD talks done at London Sports orthopaedic group,
Foot and Ankle CPD talk to Capital Physio.
Planning subspecialty CPD talks to Nuffield Physio group at JP Morgan at Canary wharf.
- MBBS University of Mumbai, India 2001
- M.S Orthopaedics and traumatology The State Paediatric Medical Academy, St Petersburg, Russia. 2004
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2012
- Foot and Ankle Fellowship Training The University Hospitals of Southampton Foundation NHS trust 2014
- European Foot Society Visitation/ Travelling Fellow Klinik Rummelsberg Foot and Ankle Clinic - Bavaria, Germany 2016
Reference number 6112795
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Member British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society 2012
- Affiliate Member European Foot and Ankle Society 2013
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC T&O Specialist register with License to practice, 2017
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society.
European Foot and Ankle Society
- 1 Beaumont SquareStepney GreenLONDONE1 4NL
- 14:00 - 16:30
- 020 7496 3540
- 31, old broad street
- 15:30 - 20:00
- 020 7496 3540
- 46/50 Sunny Gardens RoadHendonLONDONNW4 1RP
- 08:00 - 10:00
- 020 8457 4500
- Highgate Hospital
- 09:30 - 12:00
- 020 7496 3540
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
email support @