- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mr Luis Bruzual obtained his dental degree in 1992 at Central University of Venezuela, further undertook formal full-time specialist training and obtained certification as a Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, MS OMFS in 1999 at Universidad de Carabobo, Valencia, Venezuela.
After completion of his training, he undertook further training in dental implant reconstruction and orthognathic surgery during 2000 and 2002 in Valencia, Venezuela.
In 2003 Mr Bruzual became a Consultant at Centro Medico de Caracas, one of the leading health institutions in Venezuela and Latin America.
Luis worked as Clinical Instructor and Prof in Oral Surgery at Universidad Santa Maria, Dental Hospital from 2003 to 2010. He was a member of the staff in the oral implantology postgraduate program.
In 2010 he moved to the UK and worked initially as a specialty doctor in Oral and Maxillofacial surgery, in March 2016 was appointed as Consultant in Oral Surgery at the Dudley Group of Hospitals NHS trust and recently joined Central England Specialist Referral Centre were he provides private practice limited to oral surgery.
Luis is passionate sharing knowledge and teaching other colleagues. He is currently educational supervisor of the Dental Core Trainees at the Dudley Group of Hospitals and member of the Oral Surgery Manage Clinical Networks.
Both his dental degree and specialist degree have been recognised and accepted by the General Dental Council and the specialist list for Oral Surgery.
Mr. Bruzual is a Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon by the Latin American Association in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery BLACIBU.
Areas of interest
- Dento-alveolar Surgery (Complex extractions including wisdom teeth and other impacted teeth)
- Dental extractions for orthodontic treatment
- Exposure and bonding of impacted teeth (including canines)
- Dental implantology including bone reconstruction (bone augmentation, sinus lifts, grafting, use of PRF for dental implants)
- Diagnosis and treatment of odontogenic cysts
- Oral cancer screening
- Diagnosis and treatment of Medically related osteonecrosis of the jaws
Extended competencies in Maxillofacial surgery include:
- Dento-facial deformities (maxillomandibular osteotomies - orthognathic surgery)
- Oral and Maxillofacial trauma
- Oral and Maxillofacial infections
- Oral Medicine
- West Midlands Hospital: https://www.westmidlandshospital.co.uk/specialist/oral-and-maxillofacial-surgery/mr-luis-bruzual
- Central England Specialist Referral Centre: https://www.centralenglandreferrals.co.uk/
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Oral Surgeon
Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust
Russell Hall Hospital
Dept Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Impacted third molar extractions
Coronectomies for impacted teeth
Management of impacted canines
Maxillofacial cysts (Jaw cysts)
Oral Implantology - bone reconstruction - use of PRF and PRGF
Management and treatment of Medically related osteonecrosis of the jaws
Orthognathic Surgery - Surgical correction of dents-facial deformities
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Spanish - Native or bilingual
- Italian - Conversational
- Portuguese - Conversational
Courses offered to GPs
Study Clubs in Oral Surgery and Oral MedicineCentral England Specialist Referral Centre
11 The Pavilions
0121 478 3770
- BDS Universidad Central de Venezuela, Caracas, Venezuela 1992
- Certificate of Completion as Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Universidad de Carabobo, Valencia, Venezuela 1999
Details of entry to specialist register
- Oral Surgery specialist register UK, 2012
- Oral and Maxillofacial Specialist Register - Venezuelan College of Dentistry 2004, 2004
Affiliations / memberships
Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon - Latin American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
British Association Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
British Association of Oral Surgery
Venezuelan Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
British Dental Association
- Colman Hill HALESOWEN B63 2AH
- 16:00 - 18:00
- 07748 826021
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: luismiguelbruzual