- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 13 May 2020
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
I currently offer remote therapy sessions, including telephone or video link, in adherence to current government social distancing guidlines.
I am a BABCP Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist (CBT), with a wide range of knowledge, skills and experience of working in both general and mental health settings within the NHS over 28years, and also in the voluntary and private sector. I have worked with adults and also young people (aged 16 upwards), and I am also fully EMDR trained from levels 1-4. I worked in the NHS mental health services as Lead CBT and clinical supervisor for several years; and in further and higher education as a therapist for students and staff. I currently run a private practice providing CBT, for individuals experiencing a broad range of common mental health difficulties, including trauma; a broad range of anxiety disorders; work related stress; depression; and chronic pain. I also provide EMDR for various trauma related psychological problems.
I never underestimate what it takes for individuals to contact a therapist; I hold a strong belief in the CBT and EMDR evidence based approaches, and I have regularly evidenced clients’ achievements, and positive change, throughout the therapeutic contact.
Areas of interest
My areas of special interests are Post-traumatic Stress disorder; social anxiety; pain management; and psychophysiological disorders.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
The Handbook of Transcultural Counselling & Psychotherapy (2011). Edited by Colin Lago.
- Cert Counselling Bretton Hall 1997
- Dip Person Centred Counselling University of Sheffield 2000
- Cert Supervision Temenos Sheffield 2003
- PG Dip CBT University of Derby 2006
- Master of Science degree CBT University of Derby 2007
- EMDR EMDR Association UK & Ireland 2012
- On Culture, mental health and suicide Adira 2020
- Shifting attachment patterns Compassionate Mind Foundation 2019
- EMDR for anxiety disorders EMDR association 2017
- multidisciplinary perspectives - complex trauma & treatment Institute of complex trauma UK - 2019
- CBT, Hierarchy, and Graded Exposure University of Nottingham Psychotherapy service 2017
- Master Class in CBT for Social Anxiety University of Hull 2009
- Attachment Focussed EMDR EMDR Extra 2013
- CBT for Personality Disorders, Skills workshop University of Hull 2015
- Managing Chronic Pain: Practical Skills Workshop BABCP South Yorkshire Region Forum 2015
- Cognitive Behavioural Analysis System of Psychotherapy (CBASP) Intensive Training. 2014: RDASH, NHS Tayside, and University of Dundee. RDASH nhs Tayside & University of Dundee 2013
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Lead Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist NHS Mental Health Service 2017
Details of entry to specialist register
- BABCP accreditation, 2008
Affiliations / memberships
British Psychology Association member
British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies - accredited member.
- 12 Clifton Mount. Rotherham. S65 2AQ
- 09:00 - 18:00
- 07779 813406
- 12 Clifton MountRotherhamS65 2AQ
- 09:00 - 16:30
- 07779 813406
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.