- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Behaviour Therapy
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
Hello, I’m Dr Sonia Pace, Consultant Clinical Psychologist. I have over 12 years experience working with adults with a range of psychological and mental health difficulties.
Within therapy I work collaboratively with you each step of the way creating a supportive environment that enables self-discovery and growth. Therapy involves creating a safe space to develop a greater understanding of why you might be experiencing current difficulties and then using this understanding to tailor an approach that meets your individual needs.
I work in a transparent way, I ensure the therapy process involves learning and developing a deeper self-understanding. This means you will develop knowledge and skills, which can be taken forward and implemented into day-to-day life. Drawing on a range of evidence based therapeutic models (CBT, CFT, EMDR) I offer an approach best suited to you.
Throughout life we can face challenges, this can be significant life events but also day to day demands can affect how you feel, how you manage work and home life and impact on relationships. It is often hard to prioritize our own needs. Psychological therapy helps develop an understanding of you, helps to prioritize your needs and to guide making changes.
Training and qualifications:
I have 12 years experience working in the NHS at senior levels and in private practice.
• Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (with Double Distinction) (2006 to 2009).
• Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Pass with Merit) (2009 to 2010). BABCP accredited.
• Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) Level 3 (2019).
BSc (Hons.) Psychology (First Class) (1998 to 2001)
Additional training courses:
• Various training courses in: Compassion Focused Therapy, Mindfulness, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy and advanced CBT, trauma therapy)
Accreditation and registration with professional bodies:
I abide by codes of conduct and work in a professional and competent manner
I am accredited and registered with:
• Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered
• A member of the British Psychological Society, Chartered Clinical Psychologist
• A member of and British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) accredited therapist.
Areas of interest
Adults; Anxiety; depression; OCD; self-esteem; self-worth; trauma; PTSD; self-confidence; phobias; panic; agoraphobia; health anxiety; social anxiety; Generalised Anxiety disorder (GAD); worry; work stress; stress; relationship difficulties; sleep problems; insomnia; ; adults; Cognitive Behavioural Therapy; Compassion Focused Therapy; EMDR; Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing; Mindfulness; Behavioural Activation; work stressors, imposter syndrome.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Clinical Psychologist
Assessment of symptoms and identification of treatment pathway
Education and symptom management of mental health issues using a range of psychological techniques.
Published articles in service evaluation and therapy trials.
- Pace, S.M. and Campbell, T. (2019). A pilot of a 6 week Compassion Focussed Therapy group intervention in an Adult Secondary Care Mental Health Community Treatment Team. Clinical Psychology Forum.
- Cheetham, R., Pace, S.M., Campbell, T and Clarkin, J (2019). Raising awareness of the relationship between trauma and psychosis: An evaluation of change in practitioner’s knowledge and attitude following a one day training course. Clinical Psychology Forum.
- Pace, S.M., Hodge, S., Christodoulides, T., and Gray, C. (2018). Accreditation Programme for Psychological Therapies Services (APPTS): The experience of an integrated Psychological therapies service. Clinical Psychology Forum.
- Doctorate In clinical Psychology Newcastle university 2009
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Newcastle University 2010
- EMDR practitioner EMDR UK 2018
Affiliations / memberships
Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered
British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) accredited
Chartered Member of British Psychological Society (BPS)
Post treatment communication
Sonia Pace, operating within working hours.
For urgent crisis mental health care, please contact your local Urgent Care crisis service or GP