- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Surgical retinal
Mahmut Dogramaci extensively trained both in the UK and Turkey, his training was recognised by the General Medical Council (GMC) and he went on specialist register in 2009. He has been practicing in the UK since 2003. On completion of his basic and specialist training, he undertook fellowships in medical and surgical retina in Gloucestershire and St Thomas’ Hospital in London which is a world renowned centre for vitreo-retinal surgery.
Mahmut Dogramaci is a consultant ophthalmologist with a wealth of experience in the management of all types of surgical and medical retina pathologies, complicated and uncomplicated cataract surgery with monofocal, multifocal and toric lenses in addition to general ophthalmology. He uses advanced technology and techniques in his surgery and in treating early and advanced cases of diabetic retinopathy and the provision of intravitreal anti VEGF.
Dogramaci has undertaken a vast amount of research work that focussed on improving surgery and surgical techniques. He has authorships in two books, one patented invention, 17 paper publications in periodical journals, 20 oral and 16 poster presentations presentations in international conferences and a total of two years experience as college tutor and a total of 6 years experience at consultant level.
Areas of interest
Retinal detachments, macular holes, epiretinal membranes, ocular trauma, floaters, complicated and uncomplicated cataract surgery, Age related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, intravitreal injections, in addition to wide range of general ophthalmology
Current NHS consultant posts held
Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS trust
Dogramaci has undertaken a vast amount of research work that focused on improving surgery and surgical techniques. He has authorships in two books, one patented invention, 17 paper publications in periodical journals, 20 oral and 16 poster presentations in international conferences and a total of two years experience as college tutor and a total of 7 years experience at consultant level.
1. Dogramaci M: The effect of the anterior ocular structures on the fluid dynamics in eyes with gas tamponades. Investigative ophthalmology & visual science 2012, 53(3):1324-1324.
2. Dogramaci M, Aygun B, Steel D: Unintentional Tremors and Drifts While Using Intra-Ocular Tools. In: OPHTHALMOLOGICA: 2016: KARGER ALLSCHWILERSTRASSE 10, CH-4009 BASEL, SWITZERLAND; 2016: 54-54.
3. Dogramaci M, Lee E, Williamson T: The incidence and the risk factors for iatrogenic retinal breaks during pars plana vitrectomy. Eye 2012, 26(5):718.
4. Dogramaci M, Williams K, Lee E, Williamson TH: Foveal light exposure is increased at the time of removal of silicone oil with the potential for phototoxicity. Graefe's Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology 2013, 251(1):35-39.
5. Dogramaci M, Williamson T: The Haemodynamics of Intra-Operative Suprachoroidal Haemorrhage. In: OPHTHALMOLOGICA: 2016: KARGER ALLSCHWILERSTRASSE 10, CH-4009 BASEL, SWITZERLAND; 2016: 58-58.
6. Dogramaci M, Williamson TH: Dynamics of epiretinal membrane removal off the retinal surface: a computer simulation project. British Journal of Ophthalmology 2013, 97(9):1202-1207.
7. Lee E, Williamson TH, Hysi P, Shunmugam M, Dogramaci M, Wong R, Laidlaw DAH: Macular displacement following rhegmatogenous retinal detachment repair. British Journal of Ophthalmology 2013, 97(10):1297-1302.
8. Lee EJ, Dogramaci M, Williamson TH: Does unintentional macular translocation after retinal detachment repair influence visual outcome? Comment. Clinical & experimental ophthalmology 2012, 40(1):e126-e126.
9. Shalchi Z, Shunmugam M, Mahroo OA, McDonald RJ, Dogramaci M, Laidlaw DAH, Stanford M, Mohamed M: Spectral domain optical coherence tomography findings in a case series of patients with bilateral diffuse uveal melanocytic proliferation. Ocular immunology and inflammation 2014, 22(6):490-493.
10. Williams KM, Dogramaci M, Williamson TH: Retrospective study of rhegmatogenous retinal detachments secondary to round retinal holes. European journal of ophthalmology 2012, 22(4):635-640.
11. Williamson T, Shunmugam M, Rodrigues I, Dogramaci M, Lee E: Characteristics of rhegmatogenous retinal detachment and their relationship to visual outcome. Eye 2013, 27(9):1063.
Reference number 6057970