- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
My name is Jackie Hart. I offer both short and long term counselling to individuals. I have been practising as a counsellor for 10 years in the NHS, the public sector and privately.
I provide a safe, caring and confidential space in which you can talk about yourself, your life and explore your problems and difficulties. I mostly practice psychodynamic therapy which means helping you identify the links between your present distress and past events and relationships.
I take a collaborative approach and our relationship is likely to be central to the therapeutic work. I aim to encourage you to think about the roots of your problems, identify and acknowledge what may be repeating patterns of unhelpful behaviour and develop greater personal insight and self-awareness. This insight and self-awareness can then lead to personal growth - a reduction in your distress, a greater capacity for managing difficulties and the ability to form better relationships and achieve personal goals.
Areas of interest
Relationship breakdown; Bereavement; Stress; Low self esteem; Work related issues; Bullying; Redundancy; Retirement; Abuse
- Master's Degree in Psychodynamic Practice University of Oxford 2010
- Post Graduate Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling University of Oxford 2006
- IPC in Cognitive Approaches University of Birmingham 2012
- Art Psychotherapy Foundation Goldsmiths University 2004
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Accredited Member British Association For Counselling and Psychotherapy 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- British Association For Counselling and Psychotherapy Register, 2014
Affiliations / memberships
Accredited Member of the British Association For Counselling and Psychotherapy
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details