- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Transactional Analysis (TA)
Life can be overwhelming and sometimes even exhausting, but I’m here to guide clients through those obstacles. As a BACP Accredited Psychotherapeutic Counsellor, BABCP Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist, and qualified EMDR Therapist, I provide a wide range of psychological services depending on client need.
I offer professional, confidential and non-judgemental therapy. I am based in the Gosforth / Kenton area of Newcastle upon Tyne.
I support clients who are dealing with depression, trauma, anxiety, relationship issues, grief, phobias, stress, low self-esteem and a variety of other issues.
I qualified in 2009 and have been accredited with both the BACP and BABCP since 2013 and work within their ethical frameworks. I strive to maintain the highest standards of ethical practice at all times.
Working integratively allows me to use creative methods within the counselling such as CBT, Transactional Analysis, EMDR and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy principals. As we are all individuals with our own needs and desires, any method of treatment will be discussed and agreed upon prior to implementing. This allows clients to take an active role in their therapy to achieve their desired results depending on their individual needs.
I gained my experience working in the NHS and working privately offering both long and short term counselling and psychological therapy.
Areas of interest
Anxiety; Depression; disordered eating; loss; Obsessions; OCD; Personal Development; Phobias; Post-traumatic stress; Relationships; Self Esteem; Self Harm; Stress; Trauma; Work related issues; Generalised Anxiety (GAD / worry); Social Anxiety
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Pain management
Current NHS consultant posts held
Psychological Therapist, Gateshead
0% readmission rate
- Post Graduate Diploma Cognitive Behavioural Therapist Newcastle University 2011
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Northern Guild for Psychotherapy 2009
- BSc (Hons) Psychology University of Northumbria at Newcastle 2003
- Masters level (30 credits) Clinical Supervision for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Practice Teesside University 2013
- Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing Therapist EMDR Academy 2017
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Accreditation BACP 2013
- Accreditation BABCP 2013
- Branch Secretary North East & Cumbria BABCP Branch 2016
Affiliations / memberships
BACP & BABCP