- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I read medicine at the University of Sheffield, having been awarded a prestigious scholarship and graduated with distinction in my special study module. I completed both my foundation and core medical training in Yorkshire. I moved to Manchester for dermatology training and became a consultant in June 2016. I currently hold a substantive post in Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust and work as a consultant dermatologist at Vernova Health Community Interest Company in Macclesfield.
As a consultant dermatologist, I am proficient in all areas of medical dermatology.
I regularly see both adults and paediatric patients and manage complex psoriasis patients with biologic agents.
I regularly review patients referred on the cancer pathway and am confident in diagnosing and managing skin cancers as a member of the local skin MDT. I am proficient in the use of a dermatoscope, having completed the Dermatoscopy course from the University of Cardiff and through extensive clinical experience.
I am confident in carrying out various surgical procedures such as curettage and cautery, shave, punch and incisional biopsies and excision on all body sites including the face. I regularly perform surgery on cases of suspected or confirmed skin cancer.
Areas of interest
patch (allergy) testing; acne; psoriasis; eczema; vasculitis; drug eruptions; urticaria; rosacea; vitiligo; hair loss; blistering conditions; dermatology surgery; all aspects of medical and surgical dermatology
- Booking team BMI South cheshire
- B M I South Cheshire Hospital Leighton Crewe CW1 4QP
- Booking team Pall Mall Medical
- 61 King Street Manchester M2 4PD
- 0161 832 2111
- Booking team Spire Regency
- Spire Regency Hospital West Street Macclesfield SK11 8DW
- 01625 501150
Current NHS consultant posts held
1. Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust, Salford, Manchester
2. Vernova Health Community Interest Company, Macclesfield, Cheshire
patch testing (allergy testing)
inflammatory dermatology e.g. eczema, psoriasis
BMJ Dermatology Team of the year 2018
(Additional) Languages spoken
- English - Native or bilingual
- French - Native or bilingual
- MBChB University of Sheffield 2006
- MRCP (London) Royal College of Physicians 2011
- MRCP (Derm) Royal College of Physicians and British Association of Dermatologists 2014
Reference number 6144688
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Registered with license to practice General Medical Council (GMC) 2007
Details of entry to specialist register
- Consultant Dermatologist, 2016
Affiliations / memberships
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- British Association of Dermatologists (BAD)
- Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland (MDDUS)
- European Society of Contact Dermatitis (ESCD)
- British Hair and Nail Society (BHNS)
- British Society of Cutaneous Allergy (BSCA)
- British Society for Dermatological Surgery (BSDS)
- Alderley Edge Medical PracticeTalbot...
- 16:00 - 17:00
- 07484 766805
- BMI The South Cheshire Hospital
- 09:00 - 12:00
- 0808 101 0383
- Pall Mall Medical Manchester
- 08:00 - 12:00
- 0161 832 2111
- Spire Regency
- 17:00 - 20:30
- 01625 501150
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Secretary - 07484766805