- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Bulimia Nervosa (CBT-BN)
- Family Therapy
- Video & Telephone remote therapy sessions
I am a Consultant Clinical Psychologist with over 20 years experience of working within GP practices. I am particularly skilled at providing time-limited therapy and also working with clients who have never seen someone to talk to about psychological issues before; I understand how difficult it is for someone to see a psychological therapist for the first time. During my work I draw from many different psychological approaches and as an experienced therapist I bring many therapy skills and practical strategies to enable me to provide evidence based practice. As a Clinical Psychologist I have been trained to offer a holistic, effective approach which is supportive and tailored to the needs of each person I see.
Areas of interest
I am trained and experienced in treating a wide range of emotional and psychological issues including those listed: stress; anxiety; panic attacks; phobias; low mood and depression; sleep difficulties; relationship and family issues; post-natal depression; adjusting to changes in physical health or life circumstances; poor body image, low self esteem and self worth; social anxiety; health anxiety; obsessive compulsive disorder; perfectionism; work and study related stress; loss; trauma; bereavement.
I have a particular interest in eating and weight disorders; anorexia; bulimia; binge eating disorder; obesity and have a trained understanding of the specific issues that such clients bring to therapy (both from a nutritional and psychological perspective). I am also able to work and provide support to partners and parents of people with eating and weight disorders.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Weight disorders and obesity
Current NHS consultant posts held
I have worked within the NHS for over 20 years and now work in private practice.
Courses offered to GPs
Talks and/or seminars to GPs regarding psychological treatment of: anxiety; depression; stress management; eating and weight disorders. Space to process psychological aspects of clients’ presentations to GPs.
- Post-qualification Doctorate in Clinical Psychology Salomons: Canterbury Christ Church University College 2003
- MSc Clinical Psychology University of East London 1992
- BSc (Hons) Psychology Bedford College, University of London 1985
- Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Systemic Theory Tavistock Clinic: University of East London 1999
- Graduate Certificate in Conflict Resolution and Mediation Studies Institute of Family Therapy: Birkbeck, University of London 2011
- Master Practitioner Diploma for Eating Disorders and Obesity National Centre for Eating Disorders (British Psychological Society Approved training) 2016
Details of entry to specialist register
- Registered with Health and Care Professions Council, 2009
Affiliations / memberships
Chartered Member of British Psychological Society (BPS)
Full Member of Division of Clinical Psychology (part of the BPS)
Member of the Faculty for Eating Disorders (part of the BPS)
Member of the Special Group for Independent Practitioners (part of the BPS)