- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Bulimia Nervosa (CBT-BN)
- Family Therapy
- Video & Telephone remote therapy sessions
I am a Consultant Clinical Psychologist with over 20 years experience of working within GP practices. I am particularly skilled at providing time-limited therapy and also working with clients who have never seen someone to talk to about psychological issues before; I understand how difficult it is for someone to see a psychological therapist for the first time. During my work I draw from many different psychological approaches and as an experienced therapist I bring many therapy skills and practical strategies to enable me to provide evidence based practice. As a Clinical Psychologist I have been trained to offer a holistic, effective approach which is supportive and tailored to the needs of each person I see.
Areas of interest
I am trained and experienced in treating a wide range of emotional and psychological issues including those listed: stress; anxiety; panic attacks; phobias; low mood and depression; sleep difficulties; relationship and family issues; post-natal depression; adjusting to changes in physical health or life circumstances; poor body image, low self esteem and self worth; social anxiety; health anxiety; obsessive compulsive disorder; perfectionism; work and study related stress; loss; trauma; bereavement.
I have a particular interest in eating and weight disorders; anorexia; bulimia; binge eating disorder; obesity and have a trained understanding of the specific issues that such clients bring to therapy (both from a nutritional and psychological perspective). I am also able to work and provide support to partners and parents of people with eating and weight disorders.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Weight disorders and obesity
Current NHS consultant posts held
I have worked within the NHS for over 20 years and now work in private practice.
Courses offered to GPs
Talks and/or seminars to GPs regarding psychological treatment of: anxiety; depression; stress management; eating and weight disorders. Space to process psychological aspects of clients’ presentations to GPs.
- Post-qualification Doctorate in Clinical Psychology Salomons: Canterbury Christ Church University College 2003
- MSc Clinical Psychology University of East London 1992
- BSc (Hons) Psychology Bedford College, University of London 1985
- Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Systemic Theory Tavistock Clinic: University of East London 1999
- Graduate Certificate in Conflict Resolution and Mediation Studies Institute of Family Therapy: Birkbeck, University of London 2011
- Master Practitioner Diploma for Eating Disorders and Obesity National Centre for Eating Disorders (British Psychological Society Approved training) 2016
Details of entry to specialist register
- Registered with Health and Care Professions Council, 2009
Affiliations / memberships
Chartered Member of British Psychological Society
Full Member of Division of Clinical Psychology
Member of the Faculty for Eating Disorders