- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Video consultations
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
Dr Vishal Agrawal is a consultant psychiatrist in NHS working at Brentwood, Essex.
He is also Clinical Director of adult community services in NHS Trust.
He offers private appointments for assessment, diagnosis and treatment of mental health problems.
Consulting rooms are in London - Harley Street & Kensington, South Woodford, Southend & Upminster.
Mon - Fri : 5.30pm to 8.30 pm
Saturday : 9.30am to 4.30 pm
Areas of interest
Anxiety Disorders - like - Generalised anxiety disorder, Social anxiety, OCD, Stress reactions, adjustment disorders, PTSD
Mood Disorder - like - Depression; Bipolar disorder;
Perinatal psychiatry (mental illness related to pregnancy)
Psychotic disorders - like - schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorders
Eating disorder - like - anorexia, bulimia
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Eating disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Psychiatrist in General Adult Psychiatry. My NHS clinical base is in Brentwood Resource Centre, Brentwood, Essex.
I completed my higher specialist training in psychiatry at Barts & Royal London rotation. Then I took up substantive consultant job in Essex.
Clinical Director, Adult Community Service, Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
I have worked as a senior medical manager for approximately 9 years.
I have interest and took part in research in bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.
I have also got interest in supporting doctors and I was national lead of Psychiatrists' Support Service at the Royal College of Psychiatrist between 2012 and 2017.
I have a keen interest in world history. I like to read and travel to enhance my knowledge of world history.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Fluent
BMJ Careers: Psychiatrists' Support Service.
Psychiatric Bulletin. RCPsych: Assessment Unit in Psychiatry
Psychiatric Bulletin: Podcasts for psychiatrist.
Management SIG newsletter: managing change
Reviewer of articles for The Bulletin, Royal College of Psychiatrists
Reviewer of articles for Advances in Psychiatric Treatment, Royal College of Psychiatrists
Past Editor, Eastern Division Newsletter. RCPsych
Previously, Editorial Board & Executive Committee member, SEPT Journal
Courses offered to GPs
1. How to look after yourself - a workshop for doctors to develop support and resilience for themselves.
2. Avoiding GMC complaints - workshop - building from my experience of Chair of fitness to Practice panels.
3. Risk assessment for patients with mental health problems - guide for GPs
4. Managing mental health problems in primary care.
100% of respondents were 'very satisfied' with their appointment with Dr Agrawal.
Some free text comments:
'Fantastic service, professional from beginning to end'
'Very straight forward, easy process and excellent communication'
- MRCPsych Royal College of Psychiatrists 2003
- DPM Royal College of Surgeons & Physicians of Ireland 2002
- Diploma in CBT Oxford College 2008
- Diploma in Life Coaching Life Coaching Institute 2011
Reference number 5200451
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Chair, MPT (Fitness to Practice Panel, GMC) MPTS 2014
- Specialist Adviser, Psychiatrists' Support Service Royal College of Psychiatrists 2012
- Vice Chair, Eastern Division Royal College of Psychiatrists 2013
- Medical Member, 1st Tier Tribunal, Social Entitlement Chamber Ministry of Justice 2009
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Adult Psychiatry, 2007
- Old Age Psychiatry, 2007
Affiliations / memberships
Member, Royal College of Psychiatrists
Member, Medical Protection Society
Member, British Medical Association
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
For any queries, please contact: