- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 27 Apr 2020
Areas of interest
Cough; Wheeze; Breathlessness;
Chest infection; Pneumonia;
Interstitial lung disease;
Current NHS consultant posts held
Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust
1. Ordonez A, Perez J, Tan L, Dickens JA, Motamedi-Shad N, Irving JA, Haq I, Ekeowa U et al. A single-chain variable fragment intrabody prevents intracellular polymerization of Z alpha1-antitrypsin while allowing its antiproteinase activity. FASEB Journal 2015; 29, 2667-2678.
2. Nyon MP, Segu L, Cabrita L, Levy G, Kirkpatrick J, Roussel B, Patschull A, Barrett T, Ekeowa U et al. Structural dynamics associated with intermediate formation in an archetypal conformational disease. Structure 2012; 20, 504-512.
3. Mungalsingh C, Bomford J, Nayagam J, Masiello M, Ekeowa UI, Webster S. Warfarin induced skin necrosis. Clinical Medicine 2012; 12, 90-91.
4. Irving J. A, Ekeowa UI et al. The serpinopathies: Studying serpin polymerisation in vivo. Methods In Enzymology 2011; 501, 241-466.
5. Chang Y. P, Mahadeva R, Patschull A, Nobeli I, Ekeowa UI, et al. Targeting Serpins in High-Throughput and Structure-Based Drug Design. Methods In Enzymology 2011; 501, 139-175.
6. Morris H, Morgan M. D, Woods A. M, Smith S. W, Ekeowa UI et al. ANCA-associated vasculitis, polymers and carriage of the Z allele of alpha1-antitrypsin. Ann Rheum Dis. 2011; 70(10), 1851-1856.
7. Roussel R. D, Irving J. A, Ekeowa UI et al. Unravelling the twists and turns of the serpinopathies. FEBS Journal 2011; 1742-4658
8. Ekeowa UI, Marciniak S. J and Lomas DA. Alpha1-antitrypsin and inflammation. Expert Review of Clinical Immunology 2011; 7(2), 243-252
9. Belorgey D, Irving J. A, Ekeowa UI et al. Characterisation of serpin polymers in vitro and in vivo. Methods 2011; 53(3), 255-266
10. Ekeowa UI, Freeke J, Miranda E et al. Defining the mechanism of polymerisation in the serpinopathies. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 2010; 107(40), 17146-17151
11. Miranda E, Pérez J, Ekeowa UI et al. A novel monoclonal antibody to characterize pathogenic polymers in liver disease associated with alpha1-antitrypsin deficiency. Hepatology 2010; 52(3), 1078-1088
12. Ekeowa UI and Lomas DA. Alpha1-antitrypsin deficiency. Oxford Desk Reference – Respiratory Medicine 2009
13. Ekeowa UI et al. Alpha1-antitrypsin, COPD and the Serpinopathies. Clinical Science 2009; 116, 837 – 850
14. Gooptu B, Ekeowa UI and Lomas DA. Mechanisms of emphysema in alpha1-antitrypsin deficiency: molecular and cellular insights. European Respiratory Journal 2009; 34, 475 – 488
- PhD University of Cambridge 2010
- MBBS (Hons) Guys & St Thomas' Hospitals Medical School 1998
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians 2001
- BSc. (Hons) University of London 1995
Reference number 4529208
Affiliations / memberships
General Medical Council,
British Thoracic Society,
Royal College of Physicians,
Medical Protection Society
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details