- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Dr Sivanadian Mani-Babu is a Consultant in Sport and Exercise Medicine (SEM), achieving entry to the GMC Specialist Register in 2013. He has a variety of clinical and leadership experience within the NHS, Private Sector, Ministry of Defence and Elite Sport. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (UK) and is Honorary Secretary for the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine. He believes in the value of a team based approach to managing medical and musculoskeletal conditions not only for elite athletes but also for all individuals who would like to be physically active.
Siva graduated in Medicine from University College London Medical School in 2005, along with a First Class Honours Degree in Physiology. He won a Wolfson Foundation Award for his Physiology Degree and received other undergraduate prizes including for Anatomy, Best Aggregate Examination Performance and an Award of Merit for Clinical Finals.
During junior doctor and registrar training, he has worked at a variety of establishments including the Royal Free Hospital, Guys and St Thomas Hospitals and Imperial College Health Care. After completing Membership of the Royal College of Physicians, he completed the London registrar training programme and became a Consultant in Sport and Exercise Medicine in August 2013.
As an SEM consultant, he worked for many years at the Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre Headley Court, a hospital delivering world class musculoskeletal rehabilitation to the UK military population. He was lead consultant in the Centre for Spinal and Upper Quadrant Rehabilitation, Lead for Trainee Education, Consultant in the Centre for Lower Limbs Rehabilitation. During this time, he led on best practice national military guidelines for injury management, was a member of the national SEM training committee (leading on Quality Management), received an Award for Clinical Excellence and awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians.
With respect to team and elite sport, his roles have included medical team leader at Olympic and Paralympic Games (2012 London), Lead UK team doctor at The Invictus Games (2017 Toronto), National Classifier for the British Athletics Parallel Success Programme and Club Doctor in professional football with Brentford FC for 6 seasons. He has also worked at a variety of other sports including boxing, judo, basketball, marathon/athletics events and rugby.
To further develop clinical skills, Siva completed a Postgraduate Diploma in Ultrasound in 2017 and has expertise in scanning hand, wrist, elbow, shoulder, hip, groin, knee, foot and ankle injuries as well as ultrasound guided injection therapy.
Currently his roles and responsibilities include:
- SEM (Sport and Exercise Medicine) Consultant at Blackberry Clinic, Guildford
- SEM Consultant/Musculoskeletal Physician, Bupa Health Centres, London Basinghall and London Chancery Lane
- British Athletics Parallel Success Programme Classification
- Honorary Secretary for the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine UK.
- FSEM Membership Examiner
- National SEM trainee recruitment interviewer
Areas of interest
Lower limb musculoskeletal injury; Low back pain; Upper limb injury; Tendon injury; Joint pain/injury; Sports Injury; Musculoskeletal ultrasound; Ultrasound-guided injection including joint injection; Extracorporeal shockwave therapy
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Sport and Exercise Medicine, Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre Headley Court
Local Clinical Excellence Award, Ministry of Defence, 2017
- MBBS University College London 2005
- BSc Physiology with Medical Sciences University College London 2002
- Membership of Royal College of Physcians London Royal College of Physcians London 2008
- Fellow of Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine UK 2013
- Postgraduate Diploma Medical Ultrasound University of Bournemouth 2017
Reference number 6130140
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Specialists Advisory Committee Sport and Exercise Medicine Royal College of Physcians 2014
- Honorary Secretary Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine UK 2018
- Examiner for FSEM Membership Examination Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine UK 2018
Details of entry to specialist register
- Sport and Exercise Medicine, 2013
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Patients seen at Blackberry Clinic Guildford, phone 01483 455 327
Patients seen at London Basinghall Bupa Health Centre, phone 020 7200 2700
Patients seen at London Chancery Lane Bupa Health and Dental Centre, phone 020 7599 5500