- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Dr Mani-Babu qualified from University College London Medical School in 2005. After completing Membership of the Royal College of Physicians, he completed the London registrar training programme and became a Consultant in Sport and Exercise Medicine in August 2013. His current job roles include
- Lead Consultant for Spines Rehabilitation in the Centre for Spines and Upper Quadrant Rehabilitation at the Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre Headley Court.
- SEM Consultant at Sportswise Ltd, Eastbourne
- Club Doctor Brentford Football Club
- National Classifier for British Para-Athletics.
- Membership of Royal College of Physicians
- Fellow of Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine
- Diploma Sport and Exercise Medicine
- Postgraduate Diploma in Ultrasound
- International Member, American Medical Society of Sports Medicine
Since attaining consultant status, he has built a level of expertise with managing complex musculoskeletal injuries, particularly within the active military population. This includes management of low back pain and lower limb injuries including anterior knee pain. This has included leading on writing of national military guidelines for injury management. He has experience working with sportspeople from a wide range of sports and continues to work closely with professional football and Disability Sports. He works as club doctor for Brentford FC, working as part of a medical team overseeing emergency care and injury management of professional football players. He was worked at Brentford for the past 5 seasons, during which the time the club has been promoted from League 1 to the Championship with aspirations to progress further.
Dr Mani-Babu also works with disability sport and is a National Classifier for British Athletics and is also working with Great Britain squad for the 2017 Invictus Games in Toronto. He has previously worked across a range of locations/sporting events including being field of play team leader at the 2012 London Olympic and Paralympic Games.
At an organisational level, Dr Mani-Babu has had roles as the educational lead at Headley Court and a member of the national SEM Specialist Advisory Committee, where he has been the lead for Quality Management. He has been an interview panel member for the past 3 years for national SEM registrar recruitment and is also a committee member for the national SEM Diploma examination.
Dr Mani-Babu has completed a Postgraduate Diploma in Ultrasound and has expertise in scanning hand, wrist, elbow, shoulder, hip, groin, knee, foot and ankle injuries as well as ultrasound guided injection therapy.
Areas of interest
Lower limb musculoskeletal injury; Low back pain; Musculoskeletal ultrasound
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Sport and Exercise Medicine, Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre Headley Court
Local Clinical Excellence Award, Ministry of Defence, 2017
- MBBS University College London 2005
- BSc Physiology with Medical Sciences University College London 2002
- Membership of Royal College of Physcians London Royal College of Physcians London 2008
- Fellow of Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine UK 2013
- Postgraduate Diploma Medical Ultrasound University of Bournemouth 2017
Reference number 6130140
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Specialists Advisory Committee Sport and Exercise Medicine Royal College of Physcians 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Sport and Exercise Medicine, 2013
Affiliations / memberships
International Member, American Medical Society of Sports Medicine
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Patients seen at Sportswise Ltd. Phone 01323 745970