- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Pain medicine
Dr Malik has experience in holistic Chronic Pain management with multidisciplinary team approach to improve patient functionality and well-being along with pain control. He has special interest in treating spinal pain and ultrasound guided pain intervention procedures.
He is trained in chronic pain and anaesthetics. He has completed his training in Middlesbrough, Sheffield, Leicester, Surrey and Delhi (India).
Chronic pain is defined as any pain which lasts for more than 3 months.
There are various modalities to treat complex chronic pain including a BioPsychoSocial model of management and a multidisciplinary approach.
• Low back pain
• Neck pain
• Shoulder pain
• Osteoarthritis pain
• Hip pain
• Knee pain
• Complex regional pain syndrome
• Chronic pelvic pain
• Coccyx pain
• Post hernia surgery pain
Injections offered include:
Facet Joint injection;
Median branch block injection;
Sacroiliac joint injection;
Trigger point injection;
Dorsal root nerve block;
Areas of interest
Dr Malik sees patients privately and offers:
• Assessment and management of Chronic Back and neck pain including Lumbar, Sacroiliac joint pain, Cervical pain;
• Assessment and management of neuropathic pain;
• Assessment and management of joint pain;
• Pain relief options;
• Pain management ;
• Lumbar spine disorders ;
• Osteoarthritis ;
• Rheumatoid arthritis ;
• Sports injury ;
• Complex regional pain syndrome;
• Cervical spondylolysis;
• Coccyx pain;
• Post hernia surgery pain;
• Multidisciplinary chronic pain management ;
• Interventional pain management including radiofrequency ;
• Ultrasound guided pain interventions;
His other interests include Neuromodulation, education and examining medical students.
- Helen Barker
- Medical Secretary Rothwell Road Kettering NN16 8XF
- 01536 414515
Current NHS consultant posts held
Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham,
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Trust
1. Comparison of analgesic efficacy of four quadrant transversus abdominis plane (TAP) block and continuous posterior tap analgesia with epidural analgesia in patients undergoing laparoscopic colorectal surgery’. Niraj G etal
2. Multicentre convergence study of radicular neuropathic pain (in Progress)
In his spare time he enjoys spending time with his family and two boys, cooking exotic dishes from around the world and travelling.
He follows Cricket, plays Chess, practices Yoga and enjoys Indian classical music.
He is learning to play Piano and spanish guitar in his spare time.
1.Handbook of Ultrasound guided injections in Pain management (M Baloch, A Gaur et al)- In Publishing
2. C Mendonca, M Chaudhari, J James, ‘Single Best Answer MCQs in Anaesthesia: 2, Contributions towards the preparatory book for the Primary FRCA.
Abstracts and Posters in Pain Management
3. A service evaluation on referrer awareness and knowledge of pain management programme in Leicester, D Malik, A Radcliff, L Ambrose, M Bone, E Lin. p 55; British Journal of Pain 2013 7: 5
4. Use of ultrasound in chronic pain – a survey of current practice in UK. D Malik, E Lin, M. Sharma. p43-44; British Journal of Pain 2013 7: 5
5. Use of epidural steroids by pain physicians in chronic back pain - a survey of current practice in the UK. D Malik, P Ganty; p35; British Journal of Pain 2013 7: 5
6. Trainee doctors and opioids prescribing. N Arora, D Malik, J Tring. British Journal of Pain. p39-40, 2012 6: 5
7. Preoxygenation: Is it a waste of ‘anaesthetic time’ in elective patients? 19AP2-6. Malik, D.; Ali, P. European Journal of Anaesthesiology. 28(): 229, June 2011.
8. Are parents adequately informed and satisfied accompanying their children to theatre? 1AP5-7. Malik, D.; Ali, P; Hames N; Atoia E. European Journal of Anaesthesiology. 28():19, June 2011.
9. Watt P, Malik D, Dyson L. 'Gift of the glob--is it foolproof? Anaesthesia. 2009 Sept; 64(9): 1031-3.
10. N Puttick, D Malik. ‘Blocked Catheter Mount’, Vol. 62 Issue 6 Page 638 June 2007 Anaesthesia.
11. D Malik. ‘Customer focused incident monitoring in Anaesthesia’. June 2007 Online
12. D Malik, A Gaur. Editorial: ‘Mandatory Competencies in Ultrasonography’. International Journal of Perioperative Ultrasound and Applied Technologies January-April 2012 Volume 1 Number 1.
13. D Malik. Ultrasound guided Supraclavicular blocks. Journal of Ultrasound and applied technology, August 2013.
14. J A. Short, D Malik. 'Preoperative assessment and preparation for anaesthesia in children' Volume 10, Issue 10, Pages 489-494, October 2009. Anaesthesia and Intensive Care.
15. D Malik, S Malik, K Bell. 'Refresher in Ophthalmic Anaesthesia'. CPD Anaesthesia. January 2008
16. D Malik. 'For the nervous anaesthetist?' Anaesthesia News No. 251 June 2008.
17. D Malik, M Down. 'Faulty suction tubing'. Autumn 2007, Today's Anaesthetist.
Courses offered to GPs
Back and neck pain
NICE guidance on Chronic Pain
Lunch and Learn, Nuffield Health Leicester.
Drop in sessions
Complimentary mini consultations to patients with Pain- Shoulder, Hip, Spine pain
- DFPMRCA Faculty of Pain, Royal College of Anaesthetist, London 2015
- EDRA European Society of Regional Anaesthesia 2016
- FCARCSI College of Anaesthetists of Ireland, Dublin 2009
- Diploma in Anaesthesia Delhi University 2002
- MBBS Delhi University 1999
- Post CCT Pain Fellowship Frimley Park Hospital, Surrey 2013
Reference number 6051085
Details of entry to specialist register
- Anaesthetics, 2013
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Anaesthetists
British Pain Society
Faculty of Pain Medicine
International Association for the Study of Pain
Society of Ultrasound in Anaesthesia
Medical Defence Union
European Society of Regional Anaesthesia and Pain Medicine
Musculoskeletal Society of Radiologist of India
- BMI THREE SHIRES HOSPITAL, NORTHAMPTON
- 14:00 - 17:30
- 01604 620311
- NUFFIELD HEALTH HOSPITAL, Scraptoft...
- 19:00 - 21:00
- 0116 274 3709
- WOODLAND HOSPITAL, KETTERING
- 10:00 - 13:30
- 01536 414515
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
01536414515 - Woodland Kettering
0116 274 3709 - Nuffield Leicester