- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
Mr Kent is a fellowship trained Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with special interests in:
Partial knee replacement
Arthroscopic (keyhole) knee surgery
He is a strong believer in Enhanced Recovery principles, enabling patients to mobilise more quickly after joint replacement surgery. He practices at Torbay and Mount Stuart Hospitals in Torquay.
Mr Kent qualified as a doctor from Guy’s King’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals Medical School and completed basic surgical training in Australia and on the south coast before being appointed to the Wessex higher training scheme in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery in 2007. He achieved Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons in 2013.
Mr Kent undertook eighteen months of overseas fellowship training in the fields of primary and revision hip and knee replacement, complex limb reconstruction, orthopaedic oncology surgery and trauma at Fremantle and Sir Charles Gairdner Hospitals in Western Australia, On return to the UK, Mr Kent completed a further fellowship at University Hospital Southampton, concentrating on periprosthetic fractures, major trauma, arthroscopic knee surgery and partial knee replacement.
Mr Kent gained a postgraduate MSc in Trauma Surgery from the University of Swansea in 2013. He has published research papers in his fields of interest, including enhanced recovery after joint replacement and service improvement in trauma, which he has also presented at international conferences.
Areas of interest
Primary Hip Replacement; Primary Knee Replacement; Partial Knee replacement; Arthroscopic Knee Surgery
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Enhanced recovery after joint replacment
Quality improvement in trauma
Kitesurfing, Running, Cycling
(Additional) Languages spoken
Courses offered to GPs
Enhanced recovery after joint replacement, enabling patients to get better quicker
Partial vs total knee - who would benefit?
- MBBS, BSc (Physiology) University of London, GKT Medical School 2004
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2009
- MSc (Trauma Surgery) University of Swansea 2013
- FRCS (Tr&Orth) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2013
- Allograft Fellowship (Primary and Revision Hip and Knee Arthroplasty, Orthopaedic Oncology) Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Hollywood Private Hospital, University of Wesern Australia, Perth, Australia 2014
- Fremantle Arthroplasty Fellowship (Primary and Revision Hip and Knee Arthroplasty, Partial Knee Arthroplasty, Trauma) Fremantle Hospital, Fiona Stanley Hospital, St John of God Hospital Murdoch, Perth Australia 2015
- Zimmer Knee Fellow (Primary and Revision Knee Arthroplasty, Soft Tissue Knee Surgery, Trauma) University Hospital Southampton 2016
Reference number 6106367
Details of entry to specialist register
- Full Entry, 2014
- Mount Stuart Hospital, TQ1 4UP
- 09:00 - 12:30
- 01803 321642
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details