- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Hillsborough Private Clinic .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
Areas of interest
Cataract; cornea & external eye disease; general ophthalmology.
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Ciaran Rafferty Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Irish - Fluent
- French - Conversational
- Spanish - Basic
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London 2013
- Master of Science (Clinical Education) The Queen's University of Belfast 2015
- MB BCh BAO (with Honours) The Queen's University of Belfast 2005
- Corneal Fellow Moorfields Eye Hospital, London 2016
- Adult and Paediatric Corneal Fellow Moorfields Eye Hospital and Great Ormond St Hospital for Children, London 2015
- Fellow in Undergraduate Medical Education Moorfields Eye Hospital, London 2013
Reference number 6120201
Details of entry to specialist register
- Ophthalmology, 2015
Affiliations / memberships
European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- 2 Main StreetHILLSBOROUGHBT26 6AE
- 09:00 - 17:00
- 028 9268 8899
- 245 Stranmillis RoadBELFASTBT9 5JH
- 18:00 - 21:00
- 028 9066 1212
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.