- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Hillsborough Private Clinic .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
- MB BCh BAO (with Honours) The Queen's University of Belfast 2005
- Master of Science (Clinical Education) The Queen's University of Belfast 2015
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London 2013
- Fellow in Undergraduate Medical Education Moorfields Eye Hospital, London 2013
- Adult and Paediatric Corneal Fellow Moorfields Eye Hospital and Great Ormond St Hospital for Children, London 2015
- Corneal Fellow Moorfields Eye Hospital, London 2016
Reference number 6120201
Details of entry to specialist register
- Ophthalmology, 2015
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Curettage/cryotherapy of lesion of eyelid - (5-50)
Ultrasound phacoemulsification of cataract, with lens implant - unilateral (including topical or local anaesthetic) - (1-5)
Excision of lesion of eyelid - (1-5)
Probing of nasolacrimal system +/- syringing and/or irrigation - (1-5)