- Fee assured
- Verified this account
MBChB University of Sheffield Medical School 2001
DOHNS Diploma in Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery 2005
FRCSEd (ORL-HNS) Fellowship of the Royal College Surgeons of Edinburgh 2011
ENT training at the Great Ormond Street Hospital, Royal National Throat Nose Ear Hospital, St George’s Hospital London, Oxford and Reading. Higher ENT Surgical Training in Wales, leading to entry into Specialist Register in 2013.
Appointed consultant at Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust in 2015
Honorary consultant at Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust 2015
I am part of a team in delivering broad range of general and specialist ENT Services at the Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust, promoting day case surgery in keeping with the recommendations of the British Association of Day Surgery and the National Targets whilst at the same time supporting practitioners in primary care and contribute to junior doctor training, participate in audit and research programmes and take an active interest in the management of the speciality both at Princess Alexandra Hospital and Broomfield Hospital.
Areas of interest
Paediatrics – Symptoms related to tonsils; adenoids; nasal obstruction; nose bleed; allergy; hearing loss; glue ears; ear infection; sleep apnoe symptoms; tongue tie division (awake- outpatient clinic or general anaesthesia); neck lumps; correction of prominent ears.
Adults – All general ENT conditions inc. tonsils - tonsillitis; snoring; tonsils stones ( procedures - tonsillectomy / adenoidectomy, sleep naso-endoscopy, snoring surgery);
Nose / sinuses - nasal obstruction; runny nose; nose bleed; allergy; sinusitis (procedures undertaken – Sinus surgery; septoplasty; rhinoplasty; sinus washout; reduction of turbinates; nasal cautery);
Ears – Microsuction for wax; hearing loss; tinnitus (noise in ears); dizziness; discharging ear; recurrent ear infection; repair ear drum perforation; pinnaplasty.
Throat / neck – hoarse voice; swallowing problems; neck lumps ( procedures - laryngoscopy / biopsy; endoscopy procedure – in clinic or theatre).
- Kate Wilkinson
- 165 Rye Street Bishop's Stortford CM23 2HE
- 07516 918357
- 07516 918357
- 01279 508190
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Geoffrey Raine Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Princess Alexandra NHS Trust:
Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow
St Margaret's Hospital, Epping
Honorary consultant at the Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust (Broomfield Hospital)
1. T. Amer, H.Y.CHING. ENT Day Surgery – A Study of Case Suitability. The Journal of One Day Surgery. May 2014.
2. A. Farboud, H.Y.Ching, A. Tomkinson. Risk Perception in Consent for Surgical Procedures: A Comparative Analysis. The Journal of One-Day Surgery. 2010 Vol. 19, 104-107.
3. H.Y.CHING, N.Eze, V.Moore-Gillon. The Patients’ Attitude Towards the Need for Chaperones in ENT Outpatient. J Laryngol Otol. 2007 July 121(7):684-686.
4. M. Bhutta, H.Y.CHING, B.Hartley. Cervico-thoracic Teratoma Masqeurading As A Lymphatic Malformation. J Laryngol Otol. 2006 Nov; 120 (11): 955-8.
5. Richard John Oakley, H.Y. CHING, and Ian Myles Black. Trends in the number of Consultant Posts advertised in Otorhinolaryngology 2002-2005. Clinical Otolaryngology 2006, 31:239-240.
6. H.Y.CHING, J. Ramsden and I. Bottrill. A Unique Presentation: Bezold’s Abscess and Glomerulonephritis. European Journal of Paediatrics 2006, Vol 165: No. 8, 569-570.
7. H.Y.CHING, I. Bottrill. An Unusual Stapes. Surg Radiol Anat. 2006 Oct; 28 (5): 474-6.
8. H.Y.CHING, E.C.Ho and R. Corbridge. An Unusual Cause of Dysphagia. The Internet Journal of Otorhinolaryngology, 2005 Vol 4, No.1.
9. H.Y. CHING, R. Corbridge. Tongue lesions- A Pictorial Guide to Diagnosis and Treatment. Pulse June 2004; Vol 64: Number 26, 42-45.
10. H.Y. CHING, J.M. Horsman, C. R. Radstone, H. Hancock, W.R. Timperley and B.W. Hancock: Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma presenting with spinal involvement: The Sheffield Lymphoma Group Experience (1970-2000). Int. J. of Oncology 2001: Jul; 19 (1): 149-156.
- FRCSEd (ORL-HNS) Royal College of Surgeons 2011
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons 2005
- DOHNS Royal College of Surgeons 2005
- MBChB University of Sheffield Medical School 2001
Reference number 6030543
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Medical Council (Otolaryngology), 2013
Affiliations / memberships
British Medical Association
Women in Surgery
Medical Protection Society
- High Wych Road SAWBRIDGEWORTHCM21 0HH
- 08:00 - 18:30
- 01279 602675
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details