- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Foot & Ankle
I am a fellowship trained Orthopaedic Consultant with special interest in foot and ankle surgery.
I have a dedicated foot & ankle practice
I completed my Trauma and Orthopaedic training in North East of England. I had the opportunity to work with eminent foot and ankle surgeons in Glasgow, North London and North East England.
I did my foot and ankle fellowship in Stockport.
I have been working as a trauma and orthopaedic consultant ( sub specialising in foot and ankle surgery) at Stockport NHS Foundation Trust since September 2015.
My private practice is currently based at BMI The Alexandra Hospital, Cheadle.
Areas of interest
• Bunions- Hallux Valgus/ Hallux Rigidus
• Heel pain (plantar fasciitis)
• Ankle arthritis – Total ankle replacements/ ankle fusion
• Arthritis of the foot
• Sports injuries of the foot and ankle
• Fractures of the foot and ankle
• Cartilage defects in foot and ankle
• Achilles tendon disorders– including tendonitis, acute and chronic rupture reconstruction
• Key hole surgery - Ankle Arthroscopy for osteochondral lesions of the ankle
• Lesser toe deformities
• Adult flatfoot deformity correction
• Cavovarus (high arched) foot deformity correction
• Toe Nail Surgery
- c/o Practice Manager Pam Glass The Alexandra Hospital Mill Lane Cheadle SK8 2PX
- 0161 393 3993
- 07939 603304
- 0161 850 1270
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Nirendra Jena Not Fee Assured
- Dr Deepak Shetty Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon with a special interest in Foot & Ankle Surgery
- Stockport NHS Foundation Trust- Stepping Hill Hospital, Hazelgrove, Stockport
I have actively involved in research throughout my career. I have published several clinical and basic science research studies.
Spending time with my family, Tennis, Badminton, Swimming, Movies
1.A biomechanical study on variation of compressive force along the Acutrak 2 screw,
K Sugathan H, Kilpatrick M, Joyce TJ, Harrison JWK, Injury Vol 43, Issue 2, February 2012, Pages 205–208
2.A Modified Jones Procedure for Managing Clawing of Lesser Toes in Pes Cavus: Long-term Follow-up in 8 Patients, K Sugathan H, Sherlock DA, Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery November 2009 Vol. 48, Issue 6, Pages 637-641
3. Proximal Medial Tibial Bone Graft Harvesting in Foot and Ankle Surgery. Dalal R, Sugathan H, Rachha R. J Foot Ankle Surg (Asia-Pacific) 2015;2(1):27-30
4.Management of type 3 acromioclavicular joint dislocation: comparison of long-term functional results of two operative methods, K Sugathan H, Dodenhoff RM, ISRN Surg 2012;2012:580504. Epub 2012 Jun 13
5.Chronic bilateral anterior shoulder dislocation—case report and review of literature, K Sugathan H, Radha S, Harrison JWK, Eur Orthop Traumatol ,Vol 3, August 2012, DOI: 10.1007/s12570-012-0132-8
6.A case report of missed femoral neck stress fracture, Onibere O, Sugathan H, SICOT-J; 1,2 March 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1051/sicotj/2015002
7.Review on Septic Arthritis of Hip in Childhood, K Sugathan H, R D Duncan, Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery Br Proceedings, May 2009; 91-B, Issue Supp II, 213.
8.Review on Acromio Clavicular Stabilization Procedures, K Sugathan H, P C May, Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery Br Proceedings, May 2009; 91-B, Issue Supp II, 248.
9.The impact of MRI scans in acute wrist injuries, Rajeev AS, Senevirathna S , K Sugathan H, Newby M, Injury Extra, Volume 41, Issue 12, December 2010; 216.
10. Fractures of the ankle, Dalal RB, Sugathan H, Textbook of Orthopaedics and Trauma, 3rd Edition, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
- FRCSEd Trauma and Orthopaedics Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh 2011
- MRCSEd Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh 2005
- M S Orthopaedics Govt Medical College Trivandrum, University of Kerala, India 2003
- Diploma in Orthopaedics Govt Medical College Trivandrum, University of Kerala, India 2002
- MBBS Govt Medical College Trivandrum, University of Kerala, India 1999
- Fellowship in Foot and Ankle Surgery Stockport NHS Foundation Trust 2014
Reference number 6100048
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC Specialist Register Trauma and Orthopaedics, 2014
Affiliations / memberships
Member of British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (BOFAS)
Member of British Orthopaedic Association
Member of Orthopaedic Trauma Society
Member of Medical Defence Union
- BMI The Alexandra Hospital, Mill Lane, CHEADLE...
- 10:00 - 11:30
- 07939 603304
Post treatment communication
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details