- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Foot & Ankle
I am a fellowship trained Orthopaedic Consultant with special interest in foot and ankle surgery.
I have a dedicated foot & ankle practice
I completed my Trauma and Orthopaedic training in North East of England. I had the opportunity to work with eminent foot and ankle surgeons in Glasgow, North London and North East England.
I did my foot and ankle fellowship in Stockport.
I have been working as a trauma and orthopaedic consultant ( sub specialising in foot and ankle surgery) at Stockport NHS Foundation Trust since September 2015.
My private practice is currently based at BMI The Alexandra Hospital, Cheadle.
Areas of interest
• Bunions- Hallux Valgus/ Hallux Rigidus
• Heel pain (plantar fasciitis)
• Ankle arthritis – Total ankle replacements/ ankle fusion
• Arthritis of the foot
• Sports injuries of the foot and ankle
• Fractures of the foot and ankle
• Cartilage defects in foot and ankle
• Achilles tendon disorders– including tendonitis, acute and chronic rupture reconstruction
• Key hole surgery - Ankle Arthroscopy for osteochondral lesions of the ankle
• Lesser toe deformities
• Adult flatfoot deformity correction
• Cavovarus (high arched) foot deformity correction
• Toe Nail Surgery
- c/o Practice Manager Pam Glass The Alexandra Hospital Mill Lane Cheadle SK8 2PX
- 0161 393 3993
- 07939 603304
- 0161 850 1270
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Shashi Rawal Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon with a special interest in Foot & Ankle Surgery
- Stockport NHS Foundation Trust- Stepping Hill Hospital, Hazelgrove, Stockport
I have actively involved in research throughout my career. I have published several clinical and basic science research studies.
Spending time with my family, Tennis, Badminton, Swimming, Movies
1.A biomechanical study on variation of compressive force along the Acutrak 2 screw,
K Sugathan H, Kilpatrick M, Joyce TJ, Harrison JWK, Injury Vol 43, Issue 2, February 2012, Pages 205–208
2.A Modified Jones Procedure for Managing Clawing of Lesser Toes in Pes Cavus: Long-term Follow-up in 8 Patients, K Sugathan H, Sherlock DA, Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery November 2009 Vol. 48, Issue 6, Pages 637-641
3. Proximal Medial Tibial Bone Graft Harvesting in Foot and Ankle Surgery. Dalal R, Sugathan H, Rachha R. J Foot Ankle Surg (Asia-Pacific) 2015;2(1):27-30
4.Management of type 3 acromioclavicular joint dislocation: comparison of long-term functional results of two operative methods, K Sugathan H, Dodenhoff RM, ISRN Surg 2012;2012:580504. Epub 2012 Jun 13
5.Chronic bilateral anterior shoulder dislocation—case report and review of literature, K Sugathan H, Radha S, Harrison JWK, Eur Orthop Traumatol ,Vol 3, August 2012, DOI: 10.1007/s12570-012-0132-8
6.A case report of missed femoral neck stress fracture, Onibere O, Sugathan H, SICOT-J; 1,2 March 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1051/sicotj/2015002
7.Review on Septic Arthritis of Hip in Childhood, K Sugathan H, R D Duncan, Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery Br Proceedings, May 2009; 91-B, Issue Supp II, 213.
8.Review on Acromio Clavicular Stabilization Procedures, K Sugathan H, P C May, Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery Br Proceedings, May 2009; 91-B, Issue Supp II, 248.
9.The impact of MRI scans in acute wrist injuries, Rajeev AS, Senevirathna S , K Sugathan H, Newby M, Injury Extra, Volume 41, Issue 12, December 2010; 216.
10. Fractures of the ankle, Dalal RB, Sugathan H, Textbook of Orthopaedics and Trauma, 3rd Edition, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
- FRCSEd Trauma and Orthopaedics Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh 2011
- MRCSEd Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh 2005
- M S Orthopaedics Govt Medical College Trivandrum, University of Kerala, India 2003
- Diploma in Orthopaedics Govt Medical College Trivandrum, University of Kerala, India 2002
- MBBS Govt Medical College Trivandrum, University of Kerala, India 1999
- Fellowship in Foot and Ankle Surgery Stockport NHS Foundation Trust 2014
Reference number 6100048
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC Specialist Register Trauma and Orthopaedics, 2014
Affiliations / memberships
Member of British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (BOFAS)
Member of British Orthopaedic Association
Member of Orthopaedic Trauma Society
Member of Medical Defence Union
- BMI The Alexandra Hospital, Mill Lane, CHEADLE...
- 10:00 - 11:30
- 07939 603304
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details