- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
Mr Amarjit Anand is a Consultant Orthopaedic Spinal Surgeon at Epsom & St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust and the South West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre (SWLEOC). Amarjit graduated from The Royal Free & University College London Medical School in 2005. He trained in the Oxford and Cambridge rotation as a junior doctor. He completed his Trauma and Orthopaedic SpR training on the London NW Thames Rotation.
During his training, Amarjit was an Anatomy Demonstrator/lecturer at Oxford University. He was elected onto the British Orthopaedic Trainee Association (BOTA), Specialist Training Committee (STC) and British Association of Spinal Surgeons (BASS) Executive Committee. He was awarded the Royal Society of Medicine (RSM) Presidents Gold Medal Podium Prize in 2012. Amarjit is well published and has over 50 international conference presentations. He is currently a journal reviewer for the Bone and Joint Journal (BJJ), Honorary Clinical Lecturer at Imperial College London and an examiner on various FRCS(Tr&Orth) revision courses.
Amarjit has received specialist training in spinal surgery at St Marys Hospital Major Trauma Centre, Charing Cross Hospital and the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (RNOH) in Stanmore during his SpR Training. He obtained his CCT in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery in 2015. He has completed two Post-CCT Spinal Fellowships at the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading and a 1-year Complex combined Neurosurgical & Orthopaedic Spinal Fellowship in the Queens Medical Centre (QMC), Nottingham. Amarjit has travelled to various Centres of Excellence in Spain, Germany, Italy & France to develop specialist skills. Amarjit has received training in modern spinal techniques, including navigation and is an advocate for innovation, advances in spinal surgery technology, motion-preserving surgery, bespoke patient-specific implants and minimally invasive surgery.
Areas of interest
Mr Anand treats all conditions related to the spine.
His areas of interest are minimally invasive surgery (MIS) surgery, endoscopic surgery, regenerative procedures, degenerative spine, fractures and SIJ pathology.
- Provided for back pain, sciatica, neck pain, arm pain, pins & needles, numbness
- Spinal injections – cervical, thoracic & lumbar spine
- Radiofrequency denervation
- Cervical spine surgery – Anterior Cervical Discectomy & Fusion (ACDF), Cervical Disc Replacement, Posterior cervical laminectomy & fusion - for Neck pain, Arm pain & Myelopathy
- Microdiscectomy for disc prolapse / sciatica / radiculopathy / slipped disc
- Lumbar decompression surgery for spinal stenosis
- Lumbar spinal fusion - TLIF/PLIF - for instability, spondylolisthesis
- Sacroiliac Joint (SIJ) fusion
- Vertebroplasty / Balloon kyphoplasty - osteoporotic spinal fractures
- Coccygectomy / tailbone pain
- Revision surgery / Failed back surgery / 2nd opinions
Anaesthetists worked with
Mr Amarjit Anand has worked with Dr Adeniyi Faboya at the following hospitals:
- Ramsay Ashtead Hospital (5-50)
Mr Amarjit Anand has worked with Dr Amrut Muddanna at the following hospitals:
- Ramsay Ashtead Hospital (5-50)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Epsom & St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust,
South West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre (SWLEOC)
Reference number 6130129
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons (BASS) BASS 2015
- General Medical Council (GMC) GMC 2005
- Royal College of Surgeons of England RCS(Eng) 2006
Affiliations / memberships
Medical societies and organisations:
General Medical Council (GMC)
Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCS Eng) (Fellow)
British Medical Association (BMA)
British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
British Association of Spine Surgeons (BASS)
- Ashtead Hospital - The Warren. Ashtead. KT21 2SB
- 08:00 - 12:30
- 01372 221400
- North Downs Hospital - 46 Tupwood Lane,...
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 01883 337440
- Spire St Anthony's Hospital
- 13:30 - 17:00
- 020 8335 4678
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Telephone - 0203 488 2781
Email - email@example.com