- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Video and telephone consultations
I graduated in medicine from Mumbai University in year 2000 and underwent higher specialist gastroenterology training in North West England and advanced liver fellowship training at St James University Hospital, Leeds. I worked as a locum consultant at the liver transplant unit in Leeds in 2013 before taking up my current NHS post at the Royal Bolton Hospital as a Consultant Gastroenterologist & Hepatologist where I am also the Clinical Director of the service.
I am an expert at performing diagnostic and therapeutic gastroscopy (OGD), colonoscopy and ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangio-pancreatogram).
Areas of interest
Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (heartburn);
Inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis, crohn’s disease);
Irritable bowel syndrome;
Abnormal liver function tests;
Fatty liver disease;
Alcohol-related liver disease;
ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangio-pancreatogram)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Gastroenterologist & Hepatologist,
Bolton NHS Foundation Trust, Royal Bolton Hospital, Minerva Road, Farnworth, Bolton, BL4 0JR
Fatty liver disease
Winner of the Gastroenterology Team on the Year at British Medical Journal Awards 2014
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
- Marathi (Marāṭhī) - Native or bilingual
- Urdu - Conversational
Courses offered to GPs
Willing to speak on any aspect of gastroenterology and hepatology.
Endoscopy completion rates above national & peer average - Gastroscopy 100%, Colonoscopy 95% and ERCP 95%.
- MBBS Mumbai University 2001
- MRCP Gastroenterology (SCE) Royal College of Physicians of London 2009
- MSc Salford University 2012
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians of London 2017
- National Advanced Hepatology Fellowship St James University Hospital, Leeds 2012
Reference number 6040431
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCST in Gastroenterology and General (Internal) Medicine, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow Royal College Physicians (London).
British Medical Association.
- Old Hall Clough, Chorley New Road, BOLTON, BL6 4LA
- 14:00 - 20:00
- 07521 072322
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details