- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Counsel UK - Helping The UK Feel Better...
Within my work, my clients are at the heart of the work and I use a relational based talking approach. This relationship offers respect, understanding, acceptance and care.
As an Accredited and Registered Member of BACP, my work is representative of the high quality standards, ethics and professionalism as set out by the BACP (www.bacp.co.uk).
Specialising in working with Young People, holding 19 years of experience of working with clients aged 11 to 25 years. with over ten years of experience of being a Secondary School Counsellor on several schools and counselling research projects.
Additionally, I hold extensive experience working with Adult clients, on a wide range of difficulties.
Please get in touch with me to discuss any problem you require help . I will help put you at ease and I am deeply respectful of peoples' difficulties, whatever they may be.
Anxiety difficulties, relationship issues, stress, depression or bereavement, self esteem, confidence building, feeling lost? These are just a few of the issues that come into Counselling and Psychotherapy. Through working through things together, this eases the distress through a safe space to talk, being heard and understood. As we know people are affected in unique ways and this is due to everyone being different. I am concerned with how things affect you and how you would like things to be different.
I offer both long and short term work, tailor made to each persons' requirements, as everyone is different. I work in a Person-Centered Way / Integrative Way.
I hold an Enhanced CRB check and I am fully insured.
Areas of interest
Specialist Young Person's Counsellor : Personal Development : Miscarriage : OCD : ASD : Epilepsy : NEED : Living with a condition : Cancer : Life limiting conditions : Bereavement : Anxiety : Depression : Suicide
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Eating disorders
- Gynaecological disorders
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Neurological disorders
- Physical disability
- Rheumatological conditions
- Video and telephone consultations
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.bacp.co.uk
- Accredited Member of BACP - MBACP (Accred) BACP 2017
- CPCAB European Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy CPCAB 2001
- CPCAB Advanced Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy CPCAB 2000
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Theory CPCAB 1999
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Skills CPCAB 1998
- CPCAB Understanding Substance Misuse level 2 CPCAB 2012
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy 2015
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Counselling & Pyscotherapist at Counsel UK Counsel UK 2013
- External Verifier CPCAB CPCAB 2007
- Local Authority Specialist School Counsellor Derby City Council 2007
Affiliations / memberships