- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I am an experienced counselor and counselling supervisor. I have 20 years experience in working with individuals and couples, supporting adults and teenagers with a variety of different issues and difficulties. I provide a professional, sensitive and confidential therapeutic service.
I have an integrative approach to counselling using person centered therapy, cbt and solution focused brief therapy approaches and mindfulness based therapy.
Areas of interest
I have experience in the following areas:
Unhappiness linked to stress, anxiety and depression.
Trauma and abuse.
Loss of a child
Loss and bereavement.
Drug and alcohol issues.
Couples therapy and relationship problems
Work related stress
I have worked extensively with men on issues anger, low self esteem, emotional vulnerability, understanding power, self respect and respect in relationships.
work with issues of rape.
work with control in relationships
recovering from trauma and PTSD
I am an experienced mindfulness practitioner
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Mindfulness based stress reduction
- Mindfulness based cognitive therapy
- Compassion focused therapy
- chronic pain-stress disorders
- Diploma in Counselling North Hertfordshire College 1999
- Mindfulness teacher development level 1 & 2 enter Mindfulness 2015
- Diploma in Supervision The Gestalt Centre 2016
Affiliations / memberships
BACP Acredited counsellor