- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cardiac devices
- Electrophysiology complex cardiac ablation
Dr Ullah is a consultant cardiologist specialising in electrophysiology (the diagnosis and treatment of heart rhythm disorders) and the implantation and management of devices such as pacemakers.
He was born in London and qualified from Guy's King's and St Thomas' School of Medicine in 2003 with a distinction in clinical subjects and also has a BSc in Neurosciences (First Class Honours). His training as a junior doctor was in London and the South East and his electrophysiology and devices training was at several prestigious centres including St Thomas Hospital, Harefield Hospital and St Bartholomew's Hospital, under the supervision of leaders in the field.
He performs simple and complex ablations (a procedure using catheters to correct an abnormal heart rhythm), including in patients with adult congenital heart disease. He also implants and manages pacing devices (simple and complex).
Dr Ullah has a particular interest in complex ablation, with his clinical PhD and subsequent research focusing on this. He is a keen user of cutting edge technologies both for pacing and ablation, having published important papers evaluating new technologies with local, national and international groups.
Dr Ullah's research publications can be found here: http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9317-7363
Areas of interest
Palpitations; Syncope; Ablation (simple and complex); Atrial Fibrillation; Ventricular Tachycardia; Atrial Tachycardia; Supraventricular Tachycardia; Devices: Single Chamber Pacing; Devices: Dual Chamber Pacing; Devices: Defibrillator; Devices: Cardiac Resychronisation Therapy
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Cardiologist and Electrophysiologist, University Hospital Southampton
Complex Ablation; Atrial Fibrillation; Ventricular Tachycardia
Family; Cinema; Travel
• Highest Scoring Abstract in Cardiac Rhythm Management BCS 2015
• Young Investigator Award Finalist UK HRC 2013
• Elsevier Elective Essay Prize, 2002
• Lord Riddle Prize – For examination performance, 2001
• Wolfson Award – For medical students intercalating a B.Sc., 1999
• Paper prize: Endocrinology & Reproduction with Genetics, 1998
• Scholarship, Sixth Form Department, Forest School 1995
• Scholarship, Junior Department, Forest School 1990
- MBBS Guy's King's and St Thomas' School of Medicine 2003
- BSc King's College London 2000
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians, London 2006
- PhD Queen Mary University of London 2015
Reference number 6076617
Details of entry to specialist register
- Cardiology, 2016
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Physicians