- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Inflammatory bowel disease
I graduated from Bangalore University 1999, and completed my Post Graduate training in Bangalore 2002.
I completed my Basic Specialist Training in London 2006 at the prestigious St Georges University Hospital.
I further undertook a period of Research in the Dame Sheila Sherlock Liver Unit, Royal Free, London (2009).
Completed my Specialist Training in Gastroenterology from North East Thames, London Deanery.
I did my Liver NTN post at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham.
I undertook further training in Hepatology and Liver Transplantation in Toronto, Canada.
I am currently working as a Consultant Hepatologist in University Hospitals of Leicester since July 2016.
Areas of interest
Fatty Liver disease;
Cholestatic Liver disease (PSC and PBC)
Cirrhosis of Liver;
Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy;
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Hepatologist at University hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust from 01/07/2016 to current date. Working at all the 3 sites Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester General, Glenfield Hospital.
Community session at Hinckley Hospital.
Visiting Consultant at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Liver Transplant Unit, Birmingham.
Acute Liver failure,
Acute on chronic liver failure.
Fatty liver disease
Autoimmune and cholestatic liver disease
I am a running enthusiast and Love long distance runnning including Marathons. Other activities include badmintion. I am a black belt in Taw-kwon Do. Above all love to have a long distance family runs with my little kids and wife.
• Prestigious Dame Sheila Sherlock hepatology fellowship award by Royal College of Physicians, London June 2010
• Best Outgoing Postgraduate Trainee at Hindustan Aeronautics Hospital.
• Won 1st Prize in Prestigious Annual Medical Competition organised by Hindustan Aeronautics Hospital.
• Won 3rd Prize in Psychiatry Competition organized by Indian Psychiatric Society.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
- Kannada - Native or bilingual
- Telugu - Native or bilingual
- Panjabi, Punjabi - Fluent
- Urdu - Fluent
- Tamil - Conversational
- Malayalam - Basic
• Long-term outcomes following percutaneous hepatic vein recanalization for Budd-Chiari syndrome Liver Int. 2017; 37: 111–120. DOI: 10.1111/liv.13180
• Evaluation of Coagulation abnormalities in acute liver failure Oct 2012, Journal of Hepatology, PMID:22735303
• Long term outcomes of percutaneous recanalisation for Budd-Chairi Syndrome (BCS): Our experience in Birmingham, U.K. Poster presentation in EASL April 2014, BSG (June 14).
• Percutaneous Recanalisation for BUDD-CHIARI SYNDROME (BCS) - Single Centre Experience. (Oral presentation at MGS Annual Conference, Nottingham May 14’)
• Palliative Biliary Stenting, Abstract, DDF June 2012.
• Evaluation of Haemostasis in Acute liver failure, EASL April 2012.
• Prospective study assessing the relationship between standard laboratory coagulation and global tests of clot-formation using Thromboelastography in patients with Fulminant Hepatic Failure abstract accepted at AASLD Oct 2010.
• Admission serum lactate is a strong predictor of outcome in cirrhotics admitted to intensive care unit, and when added to the liver disease or UK model for end-stage liver disease, improves their respective predictive value. doi:10.1136/gut.2010.223362.30 and Oral presentation, National congress, Roma 10'
• Predictors of outcome in cirrhotics admitted to Intensive Care Unit (ICU); survivors exhibited significant rise of serum sodium levels and a fall in lactate levels at 48 hrs. V Ref Digestive and Liver Disease Vol 42 Supplement 1 Feb 2010 T.N.13
• Acute Liver failure- Current European perspective accepted as an oral presentation in EASL 2010 Ref http://www.kenes.com/easl2010/orals/136.htm.
• Bacterial Infections in Cirrhosis are associated with a poor prognosis that is not reflected by MELD and UKELD scores. Journal of Hepatology April 2010.
• Kikuchi-Fujimoto Disease (Histiocytic Necrotizing Lymphadenitis) -Ref KJMS/jmaj02/5.
• Pharmacological management of Hypertension in DM - Ref KJMS/oct-dec99/1
- Fellowship in Adult Gastroenterology (Liver Transplantation) University Health Network, Toronto, CANADA 2016
- MRCP Gastroenterology Royal College of Physicians, London 2013
- MRCP (UK) Royal College of Physicians, London 2007
- MBBS Bangalore University 1999
- Clinical Research Fellowship in Liver Transplantation Royal Free Hospital, London 2009
- Clinical Fellowship in Intensive Care Medicine Royal Free Hospital, London 2010
- Advanced Hepatology training Kings College Hospital, London 2010
- Post Graduate Training (Diplomate National Board) in Internal Medicine. Hindustan Aeronautics Hospital 2002
Reference number 6083478
Details of entry to specialist register
- Hepatology, 2015
- Gastroenterology, 2015
- General (internal) medicine, 2015
Affiliations / memberships
European Association for the Study of Liver (EASL)
Medical Protection Society.
General Medical Council.
- Spire Hospital, Gartree Road, Oadby, LEICESTER...
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 0116 265 3685
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Spire Medical Secretaries Office
Private secretary telephone 0116 265 3014
Private secretary fax 0116 272 9009
Private secretary email email@example.com