- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Urological oncology
Following my Urological and Surgical training on the Merseyside training scheme, I was appointed Consultant Urological and Robotic Surgeon at Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) based at Glan Clwyd hospital in 2015.
I completed research in Prostate cancer with a Doctoral thesis from University of Liverpool in 2014. I am currently engaged with the development of Robotic Surgery in North wales and have been appointed Honorary Senior Lecturer at Bangor University
Areas of interest
Prostate diseases which includes Prostate Cancer; Urological oncology which includes cancers of the Kidney, Prostate and Bladder; Laparoscopic and Robotic procedures ('keyhole surgery') and General Urology
- Amanda Jones
- Glan Clwyd Hospital Rhuddlan Road Bodelwyddan Rhyl LL18 5UJ
- 07462 909643
- 07462 909643
Anaesthetists worked with
Mr Kingsley Ekwueme has worked with Dr Yehya Slim at the following hospitals:
- Glan Clwyd Hospital (1-5)
Mr Kingsley Ekwueme has worked with Dr Neil Agnew at the following hospitals:
- Spire Yale Hospital (1-5)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Urological and Robotic Surgeon Clinical Lead
Glan Clwyd Hospital, Rhyl
Honorary Senior Lecturer
Cardiff University Medical School
Honorary Clinical Lecturer (Medicine)
Swansea University Medical School
An evaluation of modified transperineal template-guided saturation biopsy of prostate in the diagnosis of prostate cancer - Doctoral Thesis, University of Liverpool 2014
1) Best Poster Prize –Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2016
2. Norman Gibbon Travel Scholarship 2016
3. The Mary Duguid Prize for best paper, 2009.
4. Norman Gibbon Prize for best research paper 2009
5. Obstetrics and Gynaecology Scholarship Prize - University of Ibadan, 2001.
6. The Professor Famewo prize in Anaesthesia (3rd) University of Ibadan, 2001.
1) Ekwueme KC, McCarthy E, Healey C, Ellis A and Rooney PS; A Novel Frameshift Mutation in the APC gene at Exon 15 in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP) with Desmoid Tumour; Scand J Gastroenterol. 2007 Jun;42(6):788-90
2) Ekwueme KC and Parr NJ: Infected Urachal cyst in an adult; a case report and review of literature, Cases J. 2009 Jun 25; 2:6422
3) Ekwueme KC, Zakhour HD and Parr NJ; Extramammary Paget’s disease of the penis: a case report and review of literature; J Med case reports. 2009 Jan 6; 3:4.
4) Ekwueme KC, West MA, Rooney PS; Emergency first presentation of colorectal cancer following air travel: a case series; JRSM Short Rep. 2011 May;2(5):36
5) Irwin P, Somov P, Ekwueme K; Patient Reported Outcomes of abobotulinumtoxin A injection treatment for idiopathic detrusor overactivity: a pragmatic approach to management in secondary care; Journal of Clinical Urology 01/2013; 6(1):59-63.
6) Ekwueme K, Simpson H, Zakhour H, Parr NJ; Transperineal template-guided saturation biopsy using a modified technique: outcome of 270 cases requiring repeat prostate biopsy; BJU Int. 2013 Jun;111(8): E365-73
7) Sarkar D, Ekwueme K, Parr N; Patient-Reported Experience of Modified Transperineal Template Guided Saturation Biopsy Under General Anaesthesia and without Prophylactic Catheterisation; Urol Int. 2016;96(4):479-83
8) Yogeswaran C, Srinivasan V and Ekwueme K; Mullerian duct cyst treated with template-guided transperineal aspiration: a case report and review of the literature; JRSM Open. 2018 Feb 19;9(2)
- FEBU European Board of Urology 2017
- MFSTEd Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2017
- FRCS (UROL) Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2014
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) University of Liverpool 2014
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2006
- MBBS University of Ibadan 2001
- Robotic Travel fellowship Henri Mondor University Hospital, Paris 2016
Reference number 6059230
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.