- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Dr Hari Jayaram is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon and Clinician-Scientist based at Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, with an honorary academic appointment as a Clinical Senior Lecturer at the Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London.
He has a specialist interest in glaucoma, with expertise in the medical, laser and surgical management of adult glaucoma, including complex and secondary glaucomas, as well as cataract surgery, especially in patients with glaucoma.
Dr Jayaram is the Deputy Director of the Glaucoma Service and Director of the prestigious Glaucoma Fellowship Program at Moorfields Eye Hospital. He also co-chairs the Research Management Committee which provides oversight and governance for all research activity performed at Moorfields.
Areas of interest
Medical, laser and surgical management of adult glaucoma, including complex and secondary glaucomas, as well as cataract surgery, especially in patients with glaucoma.
- Mandy Peckar
- Moorfields Private Outpatient Centre 7-9 Bath Street London EC1V 9LF
- 020 7566 2604
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Jakob Johannesson Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, Glaucoma Service, Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer, Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London
Translational laboratory research towards novel treatments for glaucoma; Laboratory models of glaucomatous optic nerve damage; Development of stem cell-based therapies for glaucoma; Outcomes of glaucoma surgery and clinical trials.
Medical Research Council (UK) / RCSEd Clinical Research Training Fellow (2008-2011)
PhD (Retinal Stem Cell Biology), University College London (2011)
National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Academic Clinical Lectureship (2011-14)
Fulbright / Fight for Sight Research Scholarship, Casey Eye Institute, Portland, Oregon, USA (2014-16)
- MA (Hons) University of Cambridge 1996
- BMBCh University of Oxford 1999
- MRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London 2004
- Postgraduate Diploma (Research Ethics) Keele University 2010
- PhD (Retinal Stem Cell Biology) University College London 2011
- FRCSEd Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh 2012
- MSc (Clinical Trials, Distinction) LSHTM, University of London 2017
- MRC / RCSEd Clinical Research Training Fellowship Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London 2008
- NIHR Academic Clinical Lectureship NIHR Moorfields Biomedical Research Centre 2011
- Subspecialty Clinical Glaucoma Fellowship Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust 2013
- Fulbright / Fight For Sight Research Scholarship Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, USA 2015
Reference number 4645854
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Vice-Chairman City Road & Hampstead NHS Research Ethics Committee 2014
- Member: Ethics & Regulations in Human Research Committee Association for Research in Vision & Ophthalmology 2015
- Member: Advocacy & Outreach Committee Association for Research in Vision & Ophthalmology 2016
- Member: Small Research Grants Award Committee Fight for Sight, UK 2016
Details of entry to specialist register
- Ophthalmology, 2014
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow, Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
Member, Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London
Member, Association for Research & Vision in Ophthalmology
Member, European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
Member, European Glaucoma Society
- Private Patient Administration Centre162 City...
- 13:30 - 17:30
- 020 7566 2604
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.